Florida Meeting Place Poll

GoldenMotor.com

Where Do You Want The Florida Meeting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Wish I could go guys, but since my bike is my only transportation, South Florida is too far a ride for me all the way up here in P'cola. But please keep me informed of what you learn as this has caused me to pause a lot of builds I am working on. Also please ask about electric bikes with or without pedals and what's the legality of those. I am working on a project which is electric without pedals and am worried that may fall into the illegal category. Thanks a bunch and good luck!

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
south florida! haha! being in pensecola, palm bay would only be south florida to you & a few. i'm in central florida & see palm bay as north florida.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Darren: maybe you could catch a ride with someone. Although I don't know if anyone in your neck of the woods is going to make it.

Terry

MEETING PLACE:

McCharacters Music Cafe and Sports Bar
215 Saint Joe Plaza Dr
Palm Coast, FL 32164-3621
(386) 597-2971

Last edited:

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
We forgot something! What time do we meet? Apparently they open at 11AM on Saturdays. So I guess it would have to be a lunch type of meeting. How would 11:30 be?

Terry

Arnett Motor Bikes

Apr 23, 2011
Fort Walton Beach, Fl
i have started a new petition to change the law on the definiton. i have my state rep ready to go to tallahassee right now with me with the gas and the electric motorized bicycles, but i would like to have a large list of names to go as well. this way i am talking for not just me, but for all who sign their name. i would like to invite all who love to ride the gas or electric motorized bicycles to check out my petition and sign.
Petition Change the Florida bicycle definition

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
It looks good. I signed it. I'm not a pro but I did find 1 typo. In this line: This lies the conflict with law enforcement.... The first word should be: There

Terry

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I have signed it!

Yea, no one from here is headed that way, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for a hopeful resolution to this grave injustice to our freedom.

motorbiker

Mar 22, 2008
Tampa Bay Florida
Jeff needs to try and change the moped laws and leave the bicycle laws alone.

Or fix and restore old mopeds for people to use.

His ideas that a motorized bicycle should not have shifting goes against the new motorized bicycle designs that power the crank and allow shifting gears.

Bicycle shops all across Florida are now selling electric bicycles of the design that Jeff wants to outlaw.

Why Jeff ? ? ? :(

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
moped laws in florida don't allow clutching or shifting when the vehicle is moving.

i'm working on getting mine put as a moped.
my local tax collector is working with me.
i have to hold off till i get a job & pay check.
if i do every body might want to have a meet up here.
we have many motorcycle & bike rides here.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hi Terry, Jeff and All,

So are we still on for next Sat at 11:30 AM at McCharacters in Palm Coast?

Sounds like the "ball is rolling" on this topic as we speak.

:)

Great work Jeff and all!

Is the petition one that is edited well enough to sign?

Thank you.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I don't really think the meeting is needed any longer. If everyone would back Jeff's petition there wouldn't be a need for the meeting. However, if everyone still wants to discuss the issues I would be more than happy to go. Big Red is wanting to see some new places anyways!

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Hi Terry, Jeff and All,

So are we still on for next Sat at 11:30 AM at McCharacters in Palm Coast?

Sounds like the "ball is rolling" on this topic as we speak.

:)

Great work Jeff and all!

Is the petition one that is edited well enough to sign?

Thank you.
The 15th. is/was the meeting date. I changed my vote from the 8th. to the 15th. because I will be in Kentucky the weekend of the 8th. That gave the 15th. the most votes.

Terry

Arnett Motor Bikes

Apr 23, 2011
Fort Walton Beach, Fl
i am pretty sure that is what's going on. the office of Rep Matt Gaetz told me that the bill is being constructed now and the changes are going to the house to be approved and then sent to Gov Scott for signature in to law. What I did on my end is I sent an email to Gov Scott's office requesting the bill be passed into law to allow for the gas powered bicycles. What I ask of everyone on here from Florida is to do the same thing. The more people that write him showing interest in having the gas powered bicycles might help our cause. Here is the link to contact him.
Florida Governor Rick Scott - Email the Governor
This is how we lobby to make this happen, by contacting the law makers directly and voicing our concern. Let's make this happen. It will take everyone on here less time to write and send this email then it would to get your kids into bed at night. Also find your local district rep and email them. here is the list of reps in the state.
Florida House of Representatives - Representatives
if you know where their office is located, take time to go over and talk with them on the issue. These are the things I have been doing for the last couple of months and it seems to be working. The time couldn't be more right for all of us to contact them, when they are constructing the bill. Remeber one thing!! There are only 120 Reps in the state of Florida and there is almost 19 million people that live and work in Florida. We out number them so our voice will be louder in numbers if we act now. With the day and age of computers this will be the fastest way to get our voice heard by the law makers. I do hope you all join me in the pursuit.