Florida Riders: Step Up To The Plate

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I brought this up before and got nada. Trying again.

Who would be willing to have a meeting on the laws in Florida pertaining to our bikes? We have a member here that used to work with one of the state politicians and was willing to work with us in getting to talk to him.

I believe that if all statutes pertaining to bicycles/mopeds etc are shown to that person, showing how the laws are contradictory and confusing this whole affair can be worked out.

I'm retired so pretty much any date would work for me. But I also realize that others don't have the luxury of just taking off to do something like this. So there would have to be a a date/place where the majority could get together.

Lets do something besides talking on here!

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I was hoping you would! Okay, now for the rest of you. Even the one I sometimes argue with! We need everyone involved to show that there is support across the state.

Terry

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i'm down. i'm in sebring. it is on hwy 27 south of orlando. south of winter haven & lakeland. i would like to carpool by either meeting someone half way if i pass them or if somebody is more south & going up 27 can grab me. i can throw in gas money or visa versa.

i do have a pick up so i can bring my bike. if you have rope i can grab more. we can also make it a swap meet.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
If its close enough i'll go. Im in Lynn Haven FL. Bay county in the panhandle. Weekend would be best. Tallahassee would be a great place to meet...

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I think a Saturday or Sunday is a must. A central location would have to be chosen also.

(Getting on the soap box now) Where are all the Florida riders at. If all you want to do is be on here running at the mouth don't be upset if things don't go the way you would want them to be.

One way or another this mess will be brought to the attention of a Florida law maker. Be a part of this!

Terry

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I vote on meeting in Tallahassee or somewhere around/right outside tallahassee(to avoid the traffic).
Saturdays are best for mecuz i have nothing planned on saturdays, besides fishing of course. :)
Anybody else?

Last edited:

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
On a Saturday then. The city of Monticello would be a good place. It is on I-10 and is interchanged with north/south state highways. They have a Pizza Hut and other restaurants where we could meet and talk things over. I have to have coffee!!

If anyone else wants to meet somewhere else bring it up.

Terry

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
On a Saturday then. The city of Monticello would be a good place. It is on I-10 and is interchanged with north/south state highways. They have a Pizza Hut and other restaurants where we could meet and talk things over. I have to have coffee!!

If anyone else wants to meet somewhere else bring it up.

Terry
Monticello? Might as well meet in Canada... Monticello is a 7 hour ride by car for me. Lol. Count me out.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
It is a LONG drive for me also. No matter where we meet someone is going to have a long drive. We are pretty well scattered out all over the state. If someone wants it bad enough they will figure out a way. Car pool or whatever.

Terry

PS: I just checked and it would be 184 miles for me.

Last edited:

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
There is some web /internet services like net meeting I think that we all can get on one chat, and maybe if you have a webcam, that can be utilized as well.

There is a Moderator, and attendees...

Just a thought...

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida
sadly to be honest around the north east florida palm coast area would be nice. Yeah i know it's close to me so it sounds biased. A meeting in that area does kinda central it for the panhandle and miami at the same time.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
yea monticello is almost @ the georgia border.
i thought it was prev said to be orlando.
That was a different thread. One that died because of lack of interest. Monticello was just a suggestion. If you don't have listed where you live it is kind of hard to figure out a centralized location.

I think this meeting should be in person. It will be easier to keep things on topic. It will also be nice to meet you guys so there will be a face associated with a name.

Terry