Spark Plug Cap Installation HELP

GoldenMotor.com

ncfootballchamp

Aug 29, 2010
USA
I'm trying to put the cap on my spark plug.

I got a the 66cc kit from bikeberry.com.

Do I just have to push it on as hard as I can? Or is there a particular way to do it?

I am pushing as hard as I can, without breaking the spark plug.

Please Help!

Thank you!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
does your plug have the aluminum nipple on the top or is it threaded?

some of the kits use a standard plug and wire, and on others, you have to remove that nipple from the plug. it just unscrews. might have to grab it with some pliers to get it loose.

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
you're welcome.

i upgrade all my bikes with an NGK B6HS plug and a real plug wire, then you don't have to mess with the nipple
Plug wire is not the problem, it is the connector. Replace it with an automotive plug connector from NAPA and a rubber boot.

The automotive connector has a real AFFIRMATIVE ACTION spring loaded CLIP which grabs onto the nipple of the plug and WONT LET GO.

THAT means you must have a plug with a nipple and not rely on the threads to connect the cable to (ala cheap Chionese baklelite connector) .

The OLD way to wire up a plug was to use a washer-like lug terminal crimped to the end of he plug wire which the nipple-nut of the plug screwed down on and held fast.

Take it from a former Model T ford enthusiast (Dad had one) the wires from the spark coil terminated in a perforated lug that was held onto the plug by the terminating nut on the plug end (nipple)

RESULT Better reliability and NO failures due to wimpy connections

yodar