e-bike custom cut spokes

GoldenMotor.com

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington
Paul I must thank-you for the link, I have seen this eBay seller online, though I have not used them.
A heads up on pricing. I also have been using the dot com vendor mentioned above for my custom spoke needs Holmes has repeatedly provided my exact order as Paul has also described from the eBay vendor. Pricing was $42 for 36 12g spokes with nipples. The link Paul has provided, the ebay vendor, charges $14.99 for 40 14g spokes and another $16 for 40 nipples and does not sell 12g spokes. Nipples are available at online dot com's for $2.89 40 count or less than $6 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. Knowing this eBay vendor who sells custom cut 14g spokes and is reliable is important. If you need 12g spokes cut I stand by Holmes Hobbies. Thanks for the testimony Paul. Keeping with reliable vendors is symbiotic.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i am trying to find a place to get inexpensive color nipples. i bought a park ts 2.2 professional truing stand and going to do all my own wheels from now on. i have learned from past experience the closer you can get to perfect on the wheels the better everything operates. i used to build my own when i raced mountain bikes. had a cheap truing stand however used the one at the bike shop one day helping the owner and i think it is worth the investment for a good one. hopefully it gets here soon. takes forever for larger items to get to the island

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
that link is hidden away down at the bottom of GM's diy ebike page.Its got a handy spoke length calculater as well as product info and dealers.If your into that kind of thing(gives me a headache,aint worth the trouble).I leave that kind of stuff to the pro wheel builders.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
when you live on an island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean a lot of things you have to do for yourself. not that bad figuring spoke length once you have done a few

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
yeah,I would have to invest in some good quality tools(I dont even have a spoke wrench).It would come in handy though.I have a bent spoke now I need to replace.And some wheels I need to true.Have to admit I have a bit of wheel a phobia.Kinda scares me to dive in!lol.This is next on my list though,as well as a pair of good cable cutters.I'm getting there bit by bit.bikeman4u gives some good advice on utube.Like everything else it will have to wait its turn,funds are limited.

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I decided to jump in and ordered a truing stand and spoke wrench.Couldnt afford the park one so I got the one made by sunlite.I'm gonna "try" and do some wheel fixin,Lord help me

Last edited:

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Just got my truing stand.Its pretty solid but I havent tried it with a wheel yet.Still waiting to get my spoke wrench.Just got my cable cutters too.Should make things a lot easier.