anyone ever build one of these?

GoldenMotor.com

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
I acually have already went and bought 2 MSR 20oz fuel bottles and attempted to clone your tank idea. I failed on every level and they leaked and was generally a mess. I still dig the way it looks though. I might give it another go but for now I'm looking at a rear mount keg style like on the sportsman site without the $150 price tag. For now imma make due with what I already have on hand (1gal penut tank) and as my funds increase, ill buy what I really want. I have been looking at various tanks for about 8 months and haven't found the one that's "just right"

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm curious as to how you bent the muffler (the fat part) around the bottom of your cranks on both the atomic bb and the felt bike you built biknut
The bent portion of the pipe you're referring to is a piece of Harley exhaust pipe that I cut off of some worn out headers I had. The smaller section of the pipe is the stock china girl header. I had the 2 pieces welded together at a muffler shop. The guts are stock china girl baffles.

You can buy used harley headers on eBay for very little. Almost any staggered duals will work for this purpose. Mine are off a Sportster and they're 3/4" dia which is the size of stock Harley headers.

I've come to the conclusion that a curved pipe changes the vibrational forces in a good way, making the pipe a lot more dependable than the stock exhaust that hangs more or less straight down from the exhaust port.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Have you ever tried one of those bananna pipes? It seems like you have made it similar w/o the cones. When you modified the pipe you have did performance increase or did it just help with vibration?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Have you ever tried one of those bananna pipes? It seems like you have made it similar w/o the cones. When you modified the pipe you have did performance increase or did it just help with vibration?
I bought one of the $35 banana pipes from BGF, and it doesn't work as well as my modified pipe, and it also has a nasty loud sound. Mine is pretty quiet. Only slightly louder than a stock pipe. Both pipes had close to the same bottom end, but mine has better top end, and looks better.

My experience with a SBP pipe was, it had better bottom end than my pipe, but top end is about the same. Mine still looks better though.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Sweet I been eyeballin motorcycle headers to chop up the last few days. Seen a bunch for cheap that would deff work. While I'm waiting to for my stack o cash to build I decided to cut a slot in the gusset and mount the tank up. Only had to drill 3 holes and then file the top and bottom of the slot to make it strait. Works like a champ, tanks mounted and looks good to me.

Been struggleing to get any bites on my cranbrook and I'm wrestling with the urge to just disassemble the cranny for parts. Then only thing I'd be lacking is a new chain and hub adapter with sprocket.... Super hard not to just tear it down and build new bike. I wanna see what the tour de hood rides like with engine power. The cranbrook is ridiculous fun to ride, so I can only imagine how the new one will ride like. Lol income tax is comming soon maybe I can hold out till then.......

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
Lol I couldn't wait - but decided to take bent forks off tour de hood and mounted them up on my cranbrook. I figure the cranbrook is close to the bike I really want. Its also a rideable bike. I'm still going to build the tour de hood bike but I am going to stack up the parts untill I have all that I need. Till then its off to the storage building for now.

I have also decided to keep the cranbrook. Ill be taking the craigslist ad down and if I do decide to sell it, ill be raising the price. Was only asking $300. Got absolutly no intrest. This blows my little mind because if I could have gotten the bike I have now for that cheap I'd have been super stoked. Only thing I really still need to get for it is a hub adapter to replace the sloppy rag joint set up I'm working with now. Then this bike will be completly finished as far as parts go.

I'd like to somehow clean up the cables and wires better than I have them now. Currently I just have everything zip tied and its not a complete mess.