4strok in rain

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
All moisture effects is incoming air and ignition.
An oversized air cleaner and waterproof ignition fixes that.

zearobikers

Feb 23, 2015
reading pa
Are the 4stroke like the 2 with mag buring up with water is it hard to close them up to stay d
dry could not find and info on them

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Are the 4stroke like the 2 with mag buring up with water is it hard to close them up to stay d
dry could not find and info on them
Well, unlike a 4-stroke that has everything enclosed and covered, a 2-stroke has it open.

I have never trusted the stock ugly wiring wiring from day one so I never use it.

I cut the existing wire off at the magneto and replace it with some 16g double insulated cable at the magneto, seal the hole where the cable comes out with some sealer, run it to the CDI where I want it, tie in the kill button, and cover the top with a little plastic Hobby Box.

It not only works better, it beats the heck out of the looks of those stock wires ;-}
Ohh, and there is just enough room in that hobby box for a keylock ignition...

It work just like kill button, it shorts the back and blue wire so it won't start without the key ;-}

It takes more time but the ignition is all soldered in and pretty much foolproof even in the rain.

Last edited:

zearobikers

Feb 23, 2015
reading pa
Ok thanks looks like iam going with the 4Stroke i will.be using it all year round for work about 15 mile round trip thanks for the help

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Ok thanks looks like iam going with the 4Stroke i will.be using it all year round for work about 15 mile round trip thanks for the help
Just don't fall into the engine/transfer case hole of no return with a 5/8" long shaft engine.
Almost all of the transfer cases for them have the clutch pads AND the bell are on the engine shaft, with the clutch bell riding on a brass/oillite bushing.

You have no choice with a Honda engine, but the HS 142F-1G engine has a short shaft with the clutch attached so you can use a superior transfer case like the Grubee 4G which has the clutch bell attached to a double bearing supported shaft which isolates the bell from the clutch AND provides a stable belt gear reduction system.