my first case reed project

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Pretty sure you will want a AU style atomizer for that Dell clone. If'n you are going reed valves?

W7 needle in my Italian 21mm Dell is my favorit now. Gave me nice low throttle responce. Loves that needle matched up to a S6S Morini.

mech_engineer

Mar 3, 2014
Puerto Rico
Want more speed use 29 wheels. I am planing to buy 29 my bicycle have the space for them have a 26 with the 29 is goin to be a sleeper capable of 60mph... here in puerto rico last week a guy archive 60 mph on a 29r.

Last edited:

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
Pretty sure you will want a AU style atomizer for that Dell clone. If'n you are going reed valves?

W7 needle in my Italian 21mm Dell is my favorit now. Gave me nice low throttle responce. Loves that needle matched up to a S6S Morini.
im still new to tuning and all of the specifics like upgrades to a carb to make it better and such, what is a AU style atomizer? and yes i am making a case reed engine

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
Want more speed use 29 wheels. I am planing to buy 29 my bicycle have the space for them... here in puerto rico last week a guy archive 60 mph on a 29
changing the wheel size would be more costly to my opinion than changing a sprocket though? it does the same thing

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
yah but it does the same thing as getting a smaller sprocket, just like my truck i have a lift kit bigger tires and all that stuff so now i go faster at a lower rpm. re gearing will bring that rpm back up its the same concept.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I like the idea of sticking to 26" wheels, with a 1.95 tyre.
Cheaper to change sprocket size than change rims and tyres.
and 60 Mph on a push bike? I'm sure it's possible, but.

mech_engineer

Mar 3, 2014
Puerto Rico
Find it on facebook profile america scooter.. that is a shop profile... he like i dont know i ask him for 5mm jet but because i not buy the carb from him, he ignore me... well the money is in other pocket now. For some reason he is the 3rd person that visit my profile the most..: )

Last edited:

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
Just to make sure you buy it here is how it looks the velocity stack is apart cost 8 shipped

is this your setup? its a nice looking set. i seen the filter and stack are cheap the whole deal is cheap i like it! iv seen a lot of good deals on aliexpress
i could just not figure out how to purchase anything, is aliexpress like ebay? or do all the sellers there ship from china?

Last edited:

mech_engineer

Mar 3, 2014
Puerto Rico
That my setup.. the sellers are from china... exact like ebay but you can buy wholesale or one item.the more items better price... two years ago i buy a few 50mm blowoff valve tial clones for $40 and sells them for 80 each

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
thats really nice, so do you remember howmuch shipping was for the adapter? im trying to buy it and the website says their going to contact me with a shipping estimate.

thats not a bad idea, iv see some super cheap things on there that i felt like i could have done the same thing you did but im glad to hear you made some pretty decent profit!

what jets do you think i should buy aswell. im thinking 65 to at least 90 for mains and 30 to 50 for idle

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
right on so ill need bigger than i thought, so can you run by me what the w7 needle difference is from the one that comes with the carb?

im also thinking about running the HD lightning cdi im not sure if ill be wasting my money but right off the bat its too expensive for what it is and fred said he used it and likes it a lot and is a few steps above the stock cdi. timing curve wise and that the jaguar is all jacked up. check this out too im going to buy this so i dont have to use a cable choke.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELLORTO-21...0? pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item35c93edaa6

i found the person selling the carb for 32

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/new-...ck-21mm-Racing-Carburetor-Carb/692935087.html

Last edited:

mech_engineer

Mar 3, 2014
Puerto Rico
Try to buy the cdi components 22 shipped and 16 the coil...
That the same ebay seller same names... i read that many people dont use choke.
The needle difference are the angles. This increase or reduce the diameter of the needle in different ratiod

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
i am not very good with circuitry so i am at my losses with that one haha . i have a lot of home work to start doing, could you by chance find me a seller for the w7 needle?

i also just seen the forum of the guy that stroked his crank, thats badas i wish i had a lathe and all that good stuff

Last edited: