Altitude question for Jetting.

GoldenMotor.com

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Is the motor running? Don't change a thing til she up and running. Stock Jet with stock muffler should get you thru break in. I'm at 65 ft. ASL I set clip at middle position and get through break in. It may run boggy at first but gets better after time. Also - others have differing opinions but I never run 16:1 mix. Break in to me is no more than a thorough inspection of the motor itself. I start off with 4oz synthetic oil (32:1) to a gallon of regular FRESH gas. Keep Reading if this is your first kit.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I concur. Get some miles on that engine before worrying too much about jetting for performance. 200 is good, 300 is better.

700' MSL isn't very high so a jetting change based on that isn't the issue. Almost without exception these engines/carburetors are fuel rich and will benefit from some carb tuning. Run a few tanks of fuel, watch your spark plug color and go from there.
I also agree that the kit recommendation of a 16:1 mix is TOO MUCH oil. 24:1 is okay, 32:1 is better, even for break in. Good luck.

Tom

badmoon

Jul 11, 2008
Canada,Québec (french)
My engine run well still boggy when in middle RPM but im in break in mod for the moment first 2.5 liter was is 16:1 mix and my seconde tank 5 liter are in 24:1 mix so after that I think I can go 32:1 but not sure after 7.5 liter of gas .

And if I don't need to rejet cause of altitude it's good news :)

I have bought 10 jet from sick bike parts 5 for cns and 5 for NT carb so I think I will test that after break in.

My spark plug color is nice .

Anyway with the expansion chamber i've gain a max of torque that's really cool .

Here's my bike look.

Last edited: