boygofast 68.5cc?

GoldenMotor.com

mikeadamstattoo

Jan 6, 2010
detroit, mi
i ordered a 50cc engine from boygofast, but the sticker that came with the engine says 68.5. did they send me a 66/80cc model instead? or is it the 50cc and they end that sticker out with every engine?

OKflyboy

Jan 4, 2010
Tulsa Area, OK
i ordered a 50cc engine from boygofast, but the sticker that came with the engine says 68.5. did they send me a 66/80cc model instead? or is it the 50cc and they end that sticker out with every engine?
My limited experience with Rick at BGF is that he's not exactly on top of what gets shipped out. My money would be on them sending you the wrong item. (See last post here for my story)

jay sawdust

Aug 11, 2009
kauai,hawaii
I bought a 49cc slant head steel sleaved cylinder motor from bgf...one thing very differant on that motor was that the carb is mounted directly to the cylinder...."intakeless"....if thats a word...ive since sold that bike but im quite sure it dident say 68.5 on it....i wasent thrilled with that motor the fuel line had bubbles in it after it was run awhile perhaps from boiling gas in the carb from thing being bolted right to the cylinder....general quality was low...it came with a stripped head stud a float with a hole in it....more vibration than is normal for a new motor....that being said the guy is still running the thing ....but in the general "crap shoot" of buying these inexpencive mass produced motors I shot "craps" but im sure most of them are fine....anyway it sounds like you got a 68cc and you should probly just keep it.....I also decided that there wasent any good reason to go with a smaller motor....hope i was of some help....good luck......J

mikeadamstattoo

Jan 6, 2010
detroit, mi
right, and when i go to register my bike as a moped and pay tax on my motor, the invoice says 50cc engine kit. and im gonna take some of my metal punches and tap a "50cc" on the side

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
I've bought 4 engines from BGF and like the guys said, he is not on top of what gets shipped out. Whoever does his dropshipping just goes out to the shed and pulls a box off of the shelf and sends it out I think, lol. If you have problems with his orders though he will make it right, he always answers my e-mails and has even called me on the phone to make sure I'm happy with my orders. His name is Rik Shi and he's a pretty cool guy but he's only in this business to make a quick profit so with him you takes yo chances.

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
I do gotta say that my 1 purchase through him was a good one. fast shipping, and by far the best quality motor that i have bought so far. No cleaning up the ports on this one.

demac

Mar 8, 2010
Canada, Ontario, Brampton

this is very confusing to me too, i ordered 5 kits from zoombicycles 49cc and got 68.5cc motor kits, cant say i am complaining. but they really do not feel like my true 66cc motor so which makes believe that its just the stickers that are slapped on. i just may never know?

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
donno all the stuff i got was way good but how to keep the power on the shaft? dunno almost looks like grubbee lower good tanks tho?????????

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I've bought 3 motors from BGF, one of the slant 66cc engines lasted about 30 miles before the main bearing on the crankshaft came apart and trashed the piston and cylinder, the 66cc straight plug engine I have on another bike has 750+ miles on it and is still running very strong and it was the 6mm head bolt cheapest of the motors so you just never know what your gonna get from any vendor when you order these china made 2 smokers, might be a great little motor and may be a piece-a-junk one, it's just a chance we take on something made as cheaply as these things are in my opinion....... but aren't they a blast when ya get a good one....?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
right, and when i go to register my bike as a moped and pay tax on my motor, the invoice says 50cc engine kit. and im gonna take some of my metal punches and tap a "50cc" on the side
take the stickers off the side and remember too anyone who ask that it is 48.7 cc's of raw power dnut