subs 80 gram reed piston w static pin

GoldenMotor.com

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
thats a fair question. i could not keep it dry with sprayed up snow melting on the filter. my test track is a figure 8 at a lumber mill. i was breaking through warm ice and dropping in 3 inch puddles only to come out in more snow.

but thats history cause its warm and dry now. in the middle of winter it was fine as the snow would just fall off :)

im using the second ring now as i like the harsh chug at low rpm anyway.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
interesting to me is that with the exhaust so high torque is not amazing. what is amazing to me is how cool the engine remains at extended wide open. i cant get it to overheat. Is that normal for a stock to not get hot? i might have to stick w the ex port high cause i like it. cool beans.....

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I think they're most fun when you have them singing between 6 and 8500,
Hopefully the reed gives me back a bit of low down, but it all depends where your riding some probably want there bikes to have better 'town manners'.
The Shift kit is the go if you want 'town manners'.
But for that top speed rush, I'm hoping this Mongoose will be capable of 100K.
Got to check Mech's sprocket/speed post.
Want just over 9000 to give me 95/100K.
Even if I get 90K I'll be happy.
Won't be planning on using it as my Daily.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
i want a flat bar 700c wheeled hybrid that will do 85-90kmh all day long haha. im working on it as a second bike. need one first... do u think the 48cc?

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
dam slant head faces the intake. im close to doing a rotated cylinder been thinking about it all week.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
piston has been great. got over 7000 rps w zero vibes.

i just finished a whopper of a cylinder. im very secretive about my work. im might post pictures. a teaser consists of 6 boost ports w fluted induction tunnels in a V shape from transfer to transfwer. it looks unreal. um gotta go.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Got to find a frame that lets you run a straight fire head, from what I understand angle fire head can't compete.
I have a 700c straight bar Trek, but my Phantom on 24" wheelchair tyres gives an awfully rough ride above 60 K/hr. I'm sticking to 26x1.95's for my fastest bike.
The Trek is staying pedal power for now.
We are all eagerly awaiting some pic's from you Sub'.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
hmmm yea at 55 kms the tires are rough a bit. short spokes and a strong rim doesnt help.

the downhill dinosaures from 1990 used to run 4 cross spoke pattern to smoothe ride downhill w no suspension. i was thinking of doing that. i fix problems instead of trading for another problem like everyone else seems to do here so easilly.

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
anyway the fixed wrist pin is the bees knees. do i need to post pictures or will people manage? it is compleable in 2minutes last i checked..... explained in first post.