Super Dax won't idle

GoldenMotor.com

adastra

Aug 25, 2012
Tennessee
Hi, sorry if these are elementary questions but I am kind of learning as I go.

Got the super titan installed, as well as throttle and the friction drive kit from Dax.

Motor will start but will not idle. I have to rev it to keep it running and eventually it will die anyway. I don't see a crimp in the fuel line.

One further question for anyone who knows: is the friction wheel supposed to turn even at low idle?

Thanks

Jon zpt

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Jon, this is what i found from ThatsDax previously posted about this problem. I hope it helps...

thatsdax
Inspect and clean the idle circuit. You need to remove the Black Plastic Idle set screw. Under that you will need to lift the black plunger out. This plunger has a super small idle jet and o ring. Inspect and clean. The O rings are subject to rot due to ethanol in the fuel. If this o ring is in bad shape, you can replace it with a slightly over sized o ring from Ace Hardware. Get the 4mm ID x 7mm OD x 1.5mm thick. Put a coating of WD40 on to the O ring which will allow you to seat it all the way back down. The O Ring is critical since it forces the Idle circuit to go through the Idle Jet or Slow Jet. With no O ring, the flow of Fuel will simply go around the Jet, by passing it and the Idle will be poor or non existent. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..