UK Cyclemaster

GoldenMotor.com

AssortedNuggets

Feb 25, 2014
London UK
About 1958' this one a running 32cc Cyclemaster, chain now added, just need a registration document....

Will post some other pics as I take them, spring a coming and they coming out of storage....

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
That is a cool bike. Step thru Dutchie and the whole motor and gas tank in the hub.

I didn't even know these existed.

Does it run?

AssortedNuggets

Feb 25, 2014
London UK
Thank you, yes it runs, probably the best running in original unrestored condition.....when it gets drier I will post up some running photos.....and a few more.....I have one called a Teagle who still to this day make farm equipment.......

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
How much for the Teagle? you haven't got a 126cc engine as well, have you?

The Cyclemaster is a Rabeneick design, they were a good little device in their time, thousands were sold in Britain and in the German original.

AssortedNuggets

Feb 25, 2014
London UK
Very interesting article, I did have a Wall Auto Wheel which I think was sold or copied by an Americal company which made the engine size bigger and which is or was quite a famous company...name escapes me at the moment ...Think smith, or something...

As for the Teagle, will dig it out, never thought about selling as they quite rare, ran two years ago, road registered, with new tyres. Will go to lockup and photo some things,...have two Firefly engines in bits as well...need to find someone who can rebut
D them as they are like little watches with the amount of parts in each...

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
I have a 1950 Hercules ladies heavyweight bicycle in original condition and I've always had this plan to make a Wall motorwheel type copy using a Villiers engine which I think would suit my lovely old bicycle very well.

It's really great to see your Cyclemaster, they do occasionally turn up for sale here in New Zealand, but are always very expensive even when in poor condition.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
The Wall was built in France under licence, but I can't remember the company's name, although Monet Goyon is waving at me. The American company was Smith, who built a developed version with an even slower camshaft; then they sold the rights to 2 young men.

I wonder what became of them, their names were Briggs and Stratton.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Tell me more about the Teagle. My understanding is that the engine was originally designed for power tools, and to be immune to the primeval maintainance ministrations of untrained agricultural workers. Is it that strong?

How much would a Teagle sell for these days, or is it a question of how much haggling either party can stand?

Finally, I have a friend with time and mechanical ability to work on an engine. Where in the wilderness that is the Imperial City are you? He's in Croydon.

AssortedNuggets

Feb 25, 2014
London UK
Yes, the Teagle is the same engine that powered their hedge cutters, the driveshaft powering a roller wheel onto the bike, or powering the hedge trimmers...... Very strong engine ...