49cc Flying Horse Engine

GoldenMotor.com

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Can someone recommend me the best spark plug for this engine? I mean a sparkplug that can start up your engine easily and has smooth idle. My engine doesnt start very well. I have to release the clutch 5-8 times to start it.

Another question, is this a good spark plug?
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...P/NGK+Iridium+Spark+Plug,+2-pk..jsp?locale=en
The best plug is the one that makes your motor happy.. I'm using an NGK B5HS, the B6 and B7HS's also work well from what I've read here. Mine is gapped to 0.025.

An important factor is how far the plug extends into the cylinder. If it's too long the piston will hit it.

nathpld123

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
Thank you guys for the reply.

As of now, i still dont have the engine but im about to purchase an engine today. I will as well give it a try on NGK B6HS. I'll let you guys know if it will turn out good.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Thank you guys for the reply.

As of now, i still dont have the engine but im about to purchase an engine today. I will as well give it a try on NGK B6HS. I'll let you guys know if it will turn out good.
Hey, your name ain't Manti Te'o is it? The Notre Dame football player with the imaginary girlfriend!

Dude, just ask for advice and quit the B.S. about having an engine problem. Here's a good start: I am going to buy a Flying Horse 66cc engine and wanted members advice on buying a NGK plug. Will my engine run smoother. etc.

Have a Nice Day!

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

nathpld123

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
Hey, your name ain't Manti Te'o is it? The Notre Dame football player with the imaginary girlfriend!

Dude, just ask for advice and quit the B.S. about having an engine problem. Here's a good start: I am going to buy a Flying Horse 66cc engine and wanted members advice on buying a NGK plug. Will my engine run smoother. etc.

Have a Nice Day!

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
Im trying to get help as much as i can in my own way. Im just a beginner here and i dont have that much experience so bear with me if i ask to much questions. Also, i dont know anything about spark plugs, thats why im here to ask for info's.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
It should start right up if you put it together right. You don't need a new plug. That's the last thing you need to worry about. Youd be better off pretending to upgrade the hardware and pretending to adjust the carb.

Last edited: