Engine will not fire

GoldenMotor.com

newbybikelover

Apr 8, 2012
abilene texas
So. I have put together two of these motorized bikes. One for my friend and one for me. His bike works fine. Cheap **** motors though. Mine was a bust. I have pretty much replaced THE WHOLE DEAL with parts from thatsdax.com. I was happy with every part. I had my jeans get sucked up into my bike and flipped it. Hitting the motor head on the side of the street. It never worked since then because I popped my piston rings. Well I wanted a better motor anyways. So I bought the Dax 69/70cc 2 stroke engine. I put everything on my bike better then my last engine. I am getting a spark. I have 32/1 gas mixture. I have good compression. I have tried 3 different spark plugs (B6HS,B5HS, and the one that came with the motor. My carb is clean. Jetted nicely. Fully functional. But. Bottom line. No matter how hard or fast or long as I peddle and ride. The engine won't fire. Any other ideas?

littletinman

May 15, 2012
Gaithersburg, MD
Are you making sure to start with the choke on for a couple seconds while pedaling? I know for my new engine, it is a pain to start unless I use the choke.

mechaniczman

Sep 22, 2012
bunn
Actually check to see if it has spark, you can take the spark plug out and put it in the boot and pedal down the hill, pop the clutch and hold the spark plug cap while the spark plug is touching the engine and see if it has a good blue spark, easyer to do at night but you can do it in daylight too just not as easy to see the spark, if so its probably not getting gas, since you said you had good compression,

newbybikelover

Apr 8, 2012
abilene texas
I have a spark tool I use for the spark plug. My in law gave it to me lol. And I did pull it off to see the spark. It's there =\. Also I choked it for 10 minutes peddling. There is fuel coming out of my muffler. So there is fuel. After gas and oil came out of there I stopped choking and let up on the fuel intake to try it out. All during the process the bike didn't sputter once. Good suggestions. But already tried. Me and my friends are dumbfounded. Thanks for replies. I'm hoping for more.

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego
Sounds like what happened to me after I moved my cdi, when I hooked it back up I crossed the wires, switched them back and she works perfect

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I'd borrow the CDI from the one that runs just to check if timing went off, if not, check that the muffler isn't plugged with carbon or a baffle that got knocked loose.

newbybikelover

Apr 8, 2012
abilene texas
So I have crossed the wires both ways. Doesnt seem to work. But I haven't tried using the other CDI either to see if it went bad or something.... The muffler is checked and fine. I really didn't Wana do it but I guess If I want it to work, I will have to do that whole checklist. better get ready to consume time.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Correct me if I am mistaken, but you are not talking about a regular HT "china girl" motor, you're talking about a different type of motor from DAX? If that's the case I'm going to assume not nearly as many people have direct experience with that motor, and the easiest thing to do may be to give DAX a call or perhaps shoot them an email, they might have better insight on the motor and offer a tip or two.