Back for more!

GoldenMotor.com

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Hey guys! Havnt been on here in forever and my little Weasel 2smoker is still running hard and strong. Im just got back from Cali from my friends house who also has a motorbike, just his is a beautiful boardtrack replica with a Harbor Freight 6hp predator. After riding it Ive decided to build a 4stroke bike, my friends bike would pull wheelies without even trying and it topped out at 55MPH. So at my workplace there is a Honda engine which is the same exact thing as the Predator but the real thing and I could get it for next to nothing. Also having been messing with race mowers lately I found you can get tons of upgrades for both of those engines to crank em upto 28HP! Right now I need help on what frame to use. Should I mod a schwinn womans bike or how should I do this?

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Welcome back...

Keep in mind that the Honda GX200 and the Predator are not the exact same engine, the older HF Grey Hound which was an Identical clone of the GX200 could interchange every part with the Honda GX200, but the Predator is a 212cc engine while the Honda is a 196cc engine, Harbor Freight and/or the Chinese manufacturers got in a jam with Honda for the identical cloned engines, Ya know the copy right stuff.... so now even though the predator looks the same basically, it isn't and many of most of the internal parts wont interchange with the Honda engines.

The link I'm placing here below will take you to some fellas that really know these engines and have performance parts for them, just look to the left of the page and first list of parts is for the GX160 which is the 5.5HP Honda engine and the GX200 which is the 6.5HP Honda engine.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/index.php

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Welcome back...

Keep in mind that the Honda GX200 and the Predator are not the exact same engine, the older HF Grey Hound which was an Identical clone of the GX200 could interchange every part with the Honda GX200, but the Predator is a 212cc engine while the Honda is a 196cc engine, Harbor Freight and/or the Chinese manufacturers got in a jam with Honda for the identical cloned engines, Ya know the copy right stuff.... so now even though the predator looks the same basically, it isn't and many of most of the internal parts wont interchange with the Honda engines.

The link I'm placing here below will take you to some fellas that really know these engines and have performance parts for them, just look to the left of the page and first list of parts is for the GX160 which is the 5.5HP Honda engine and the GX200 which is the 6.5HP Honda engine.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/index.php
Awesome link! Yah this has half of the parts that my friends bike had like torque converter, engine and intake manifold, the other parts were from piratecycles. Now to figure out what I want to do with the frame.