reverse mounting gas tank

GoldenMotor.com

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I'm not familiar with that one. But it looks like it could be pretty good. There's another tank on some vendor sites that mounts underneath a rear rack.

And I notice one similarity between the two; out of stock.

I suppose they'll actually be available sooner or later. But it's beginning to seem like later is the better possibility.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I like that!
But not enough to risk my hard earned cash with that vendor.
Been there, done that, didn't like it.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Nice tank but I gotta agree with maniac57 on the other part...
the other issue with that tank is since it mounts under the top bar you could run into clearance problems if mounting in a small mountainbike frame, it should fit most larger diamond frames like most roadbikes use without clearance issues... be sure to take measurements before buying...

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
funky and rusty and dented are the way they used to come when new - might be why they are not around anymore

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
The ones that are inside the rear rack look good, as do the ones behind the seat.
Depending on what bike you've got, you could mount that peanut tank on the factory rack. I did temporarily, and liked it enough to keep it.
Almost anything will work, Briggs and Stratton make metal cans that look possible for our application. Anythings' better than that kit tank on the top bar.