26x3 motorcycle tire on 26x3 bicycle rim?

GoldenMotor.com

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Motorcycle wheels are measured across the rim,bicycle tires are measured across the tire. I think you need a 22" motorcycle tire for a 26" rim. I know you would need a 16" tire for a 20" bicycle wheel. Hope that helps.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
if it's a 26x2.5 it's the same as a bicycle. antique motorcycles used 26" tires. you can get them from Coker tire but they ain't cheap.

modern motorcycles measure the rim like was said above. the only crossover is the 16" tire which fits a 20" bicycle rim. no other mc tire sizes have been found to fit 24's or 26's.

servicycles are a rare breed and still go by bicycle tire standards. if you can find the tires, they'll fit your 26" rim.

I know a many members have mounted these tires on worksman wheels and with ease
I'm VERY interested to learn more about Worksman wheels and M/C tires on them! I'm planning on building a stretch cruiser, to motorize later. I am thinking Worksman 26" front, and a 24" rear. I made one in the past, with the 2 cycle china doll engine, but I want a more beefy look, so 4 stroke it is! My previous bike had those 3" flame tread patern wheels. They looked very good, on Worksman heavy duty clincher rims, but now I want to have road rated tires, and tubes.

Mac-