Metzeler MC tubes for 24" Fatty tires!

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK. Judging from what Goathearder was saying in the other thread http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=46109 Seems I may have received OR ordered the wrong item. BUT! They are very thick; much higher quality than the Felt tubes AND they fit dance1 These are as you can see by comparison about twice as thick as the Felt 24X3 tubes. They arnt "Hella thick" as Goat describes them which makes me wonder about my order, but; twice as thick has to be better right? Now! Check out my big O'l box of giant rubbers!

Attachments

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
The feel of these things in the hand is night and day quality. The Felts feel like they have recycled paper in them, the Metzelers feel like pure rubber baby! Heres some comparo pic's for fun! First up: Metzeler MC 19" motocross tube VS Chin Shin "Thornproof" 26" for 2.1 -2.5 or so tire. HOLY MACKREL!

Attachments

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
If thorns and flats are PURE **** for you then I think the cost can be justified. I NEVER wanna have to patch a tube 10 mile from home on a motorized bicycle. so for me the $50 cost to outfit one bike is worth it. You will have to decide for yourselves if thats too much. But Im liking them. Road for about a mile and they ride as smooth as the stock uns. Heres the best price I found on the interwebs...http://www.bikebandit.com/metzeler-motorcycle-tube Select size 19 in the description it says TR4-TR6 ( nothing to do with old Triumphs)

Attachments

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
They are a whole lot thicker than those Felt tubes lol.(^) Our rims are about 20 inches? So there is your slight size difference. Took me a while to find these tubes! I am glad they fit!! For a minute I thought I would be buying them off you for spares ''cough'' If'en they did not fit?:p

They fit pretty darn close on my rims. Were almost ''too big'' at my first impression. Hardly have to air the tube as they don't do any stretching.

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Its true. The thickness of the tube is retained because they REALLY FILL the tire just puffed up. Very little stretching; if any.

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
If thorns and flats are PURE **** for you then I think the cost can be justified. I NEVER wanna have to patch a tube 10 mile from home on a motorized bicycle. so for me the $50 cost to outfit one bike is worth it. You will have to decide for yourselves if thats too much. But Im liking them. Road for about a mile and they ride as smooth as the stock uns. Heres the best price I found on the interwebs...http://www.bikebandit.com/metzeler-motorcycle-tube Select size 19 in the description it says TR4-TR6 ( nothing to do with old Triumphs)
I see your Metzelers and raise you with a Shinko Dual Sport Motorcycle Tire 2.75-19" or 2.75-21" which is 23" and 25" respectively. LOL

How hard would it be to shoe horn it on a bike rim though?