on my supertitan what kind of increase from straight pipe should i expect

GoldenMotor.com

stewpedassle

Feb 16, 2012
florida
dance1dance1dax did me right got my engine to me asap its broke in well, now thinking of using straight pipe curiouse what kind of increase i could exprct

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Not much. Better sound and a little better top end usually...worth it for the racy sound alone!

48ccbiker

Apr 5, 2013
California
an increase in negative attention is all the increase you will get.
two strokes need a little bit of back pressure in the pipe to fight gas/air loss out the exhaust pipe when the piston is rising. the muffler provides some of that needed back pressure. that is also the purpose of a stinger on an expansion chamber.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
As maniac57 said, a little top end increase is mostly what you'll get, besides a lot more noise under load.
I'm running straightpipe right now and I'm about to bolt my Briggs cigar muffler back on.
The powerband on mine seems to be better with muffler than without.

an increase in negative attention is all the increase you will get.
two strokes need a little bit of back pressure in the pipe to fight gas/air loss out the exhaust pipe when the piston is rising. the muffler provides some of that needed back pressure. that is also the purpose of a stinger on an expansion chamber.
Super Titans are 4-strokes, dude....

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Running open exhaust won't do our hobby any good. Unless you live in a rural area with no neighbors you're going to attract a lot of negative attention, some of it from law enforcement.
The power increase isn't enough to warrant that kind of attention. You'll be much better off power and noise wise by exploring an expansion chamber exhaust as opposed to a straight pipe.

Tom