Schwinn OCC build, how to mount 27T sprocket??

GoldenMotor.com

madmike13

Jun 27, 2012
atlanta
I just ordered all the parts to put a 66cc motor on my OCC Stingray. I've been reading up and just realized that it will be super slow with a 44T sprocket. I'm having no luck finding a faster size that will mount. Where can I find and how do I mount a 28-25T sprocket so this thing will move at a decent speed?

Attachments

socal_machinist

Jun 23, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
my understanding is you going to lose your take-off speed by changing that gear to something that small. My advice since its free with your kit try out out and if you hate it you can use the same chain by removing links with a 27T gear. IDK if anyone makes a 27 bolt on but you can always drill holes in a 27T gear from ebay on if you have the proper tools.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Hey mike, I seen your other post about the 30 tooth sprocket? No matter. You can remove the links as suggested and you can get sprockets from 26 tooth up to 80 I believe from Kings Sales. Look at the right side of your screen and they have a banner ad,5th one down. That's where I got my 30 tooth sprocket and it is excellent! And he has 9 different colors. If you buy direct from him and not eBay,I'm pretty sure they are custom made when your order goes in. And you can order an 8mm rag joint mount kit from thatsdax.com. The sprockets from Kings have a bigger bolt hole than the factory rag joint.

Keep us posted on the behemoth. Love that chrome.

madmike13

Jun 27, 2012
atlanta
Thanks d gizzle. I'll go with kings if the 30T from Sick bike parts doesn't fit (it's only $7, compared to kings $50). worth the few bucks to try first..

madmike13

Jun 27, 2012
atlanta
ugh. I've been pushing the brake issue to the back of my mind until I get the kit put on and see whats what. but I'll definitely need to figure out some solution, that one flimsy friction brake wont cut it...

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I spent about six months researching these mb's before I bought anything. And then I spent about $1500 in three hours and other than the crap bearing in the transmission everthing else has fallen pretty much in place.

madmike13

Jun 27, 2012
atlanta
oh wow. I hope it doesn't take that much to finish my project. I just got this rusty old bike the other day for $25 and started this project on impulse while I'm waiting for my Sportster bobber to get out of the shop. I'm $375 into it now, just hoping to have a fun, functional, and sweet looking ride for about $500. But I can see how it adds up, I haven't even gotten my first parts yet and I'm looking at new ones...

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
That's exactly what I did except I bought it all at once so I wouldn't have to listen to my wife more than once or twice. I also mean all the doodads too. I bought a wireless signal kit that was 80 or so just so I could be lazy about turn signals. And as far as I can tell,only one place has them.

madmike13

Jun 27, 2012
atlanta
I hear ya, any idea if someone makes a kickstart for these chinese 80cc kits? I'm not crazy about the pedal start, or having the pedals at all really..

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
You might be able to get a pull start from bikeberry.com but not too sure. I wanted a four stroke so I didn't really check those out.