Law in Puerto Rico

GoldenMotor.com

Enerarevir

Oct 2, 2008
I'm considering moving to Puerto Rico and would like to know if anyone knows about or has had experience with with motorized bicycle use on the island. I'd like to be able to use mine while there without getting in trouble.

Enerarevir

Oct 2, 2008
thank you!
Yes, I'd already seen that...
My question though is: if the MB has a 49 cc engine, will it be considered a "moped". If that is, in fact, the case then it kind of makes sense to go ahead and get a moped or scooter. The law does not directly address this as far as I can see in the article you pointed me towards.

I owned and operated a moped in Puerto Rico during the 80's.
The law was quite nebulous at the time. I went through **** registering mine. I believe I was one of the first few people (the very first in the southwesten part of the island) in Puerto Rico to register and get a plate for a moped.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
From what I have read and the way I understand it, Puerto Rico considers a moped with or with out pedals a motorcycle. I would have to say a motorized bicycles falls under a moped in Puerto Rico, there for it would have to be registered as a motorcycle and require a motorcycle license.

Enerarevir

Oct 2, 2008
That unfortunately is what I'm understanding so far.
But, who knows...
Given the fact that I'll be living in a very small town far from the capital, I might just do my build and become a "REBEL". LOL

Thanks for responding. I'm sorry I've been kind of a nag with this. It IS looking down the pike about three months ahead, but I become a bit fanatical when I've got something on my mind.

amealnet

Sep 19, 2008
i wouldnt wory about getting in trouble, just say i didnt know, its a bicycle first and foremost and the motor is just helping you peddle it.