First build / Nirve Switchblade

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very interesting build.
The Switchbalde takes some imagination and fabrication to motorize. Very unique front mount. I'll be interested to see how it performs. Looking at your photos it appears you have the engine centered in the frame. Just curious how you're doing on chain to rear tire clearance. What year Switchblade is it? I noticed it has no front brakes. I have a 2011 model and it came with front disc but I've seen several other 'Blades' like yours with only a coaster on the rear.

Let us see some finished photos when possible. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

highonthai

Mar 27, 2012
Los Angeles/Chiang Mai
Yep, could have pick a easier first build, the next one should be a breeze...
The engine is centered, and I shimmed the counter shaft sprocket and also spaced out the rear sprocket. Look like I have about an 1/8" clearance from the stock 3" tire that I want to keep. I will also use chain adjusters to keep it in inline.
I bought this bike used and it didn't come with a front brake, just the coaster. It must be one of the older one's. With the seating position and the rake and length of the forks I don't plan a riding this thing very fast or far for that matter.
Been following your build and it looks very well thought out and nice fab work.
Did you ever get your seat done?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I think after you get it on the road you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well it rides and handles in spite of the rake and extension. It will have a long turning radius so no 'U' turns on narrow streets but going straight down the road it's a sweet ride.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
Tom