Motor Bicycling Stealth Mode.

GoldenMotor.com

MikeJ

May 3, 2009
Colorado Springs
Video quality is very good; other videos should be this good. I don't like choice of music; it is not my taste.

But riding engined bicycles on a public path designated for only people and people-powered-bicycles is illegal in all states. You're not stealthy, you are flaunting your presence to everyone who has a cell phone about to call the police with a complaint. Then the police are forced (against their will) to crack down on these engined bicycles, regardless of who is riding. Everyone gets upset.

Ride only the streets and at least obey street laws. There is no way you are stealthy when breaking posted laws.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Video quality is very good; other videos should be this good. I don't like choice of music; it is not my taste.

But riding engined bicycles on a public path designated for only people and people-powered-bicycles is illegal in all states. You're not stealthy, you are flaunting your presence to everyone who has a cell phone about to call the police with a complaint. Then the police are forced (against their will) to crack down on these engined bicycles, regardless of who is riding. Everyone gets upset.

Ride only the streets and at least obey street laws. There is no way you are stealthy when breaking posted laws.
Your concern is duly noted, and appreciated. Other than thinking I was braking the law, did you see anything else in this video that looked objectionable?

In Texas MBs are only subject to the same laws as any bicycle. No laws were broken in the making of this video, because in Texas MBs aren't considered motor vehicles.

All the bicycles I saw were going faster than I was. Some people don't even like that any bicycles are allowed on the trails, and think they should only be for walking and jogging.

The way I see it is if my tax $$ paid for the trail. I have a right to ride if I do so responsibly.

highlander9

Oct 15, 2010
Illinois
Sometimes I have thoughts like, we should reforest all of America and instead of superhighways, constructs little wilderness paths specifically designated for motorized bicycles, sprawling throughout the USA connecting states in one big sylvan grove filled with possibility of adventure and exploits.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
If I need to take a bike path, there's a clutch for a reason. Bike paths are there for people to exercise, and running a gas motor isn't really exercise. So, I respect others in their right to exercise peacefully.

And I see fewer sweatbands and spandex avoiding those things! That counts for something.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Sometimes I have thoughts like, we should reforest all of America and instead of superhighways, constructs little wilderness paths specifically designated for motorized bicycles, sprawling throughout the USA connecting states in one big sylvan grove filled with possibility of adventure and exploits.
I like the way you think.

retromike3

Jan 9, 2009
Beaverton OR
When I ride into Portland OR there is a section of path that I have to take in order to bypass the high volume motor ways. Its usually empty, but if I do see somebody (like people with dogs) I turn the motor off. Its posted No Motor Vehicles but I haven't figured out how I can get downtown safely any other way. I have never had a problem going there, but I don't know how I could do it and be legal.

mike

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
did you mount the camera on the handlebar ? cause there is no wobbling or shivering from engine vibrations in the vid. I'm thinking about to buy this GoPro Hero....

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
did you mount the camera on the handlebar ? cause there is no wobbling or shivering from engine vibrations in the vid. I'm thinking about to buy this GoPro Hero....
It's mounted on the steering stem under the handle bars. The mount comes with a new camera.