The not sure if i want to finish it build lol

GoldenMotor.com

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
So ive been playing with this bike for a bit and decided to motorize it...well its become more of a pain then expected but hey ...its a chopper...kinda on the fence if im gonna order an exhaust or ditch the project....

mid evolution...

yes those are 48" apes

Current state......

mmm fun wed nights in the summer

shifter is attached to the clutch.... havent put the sprocket back on yet...what a pain lol .... looking for a trail 90 tank for it but we shall see...

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
The trail 90 tank is under the flip-up seat if I remember correctly.....howzit gonna mount?

So ive been playing with this bike for a bit and decided to motorize it...well its become more of a pain then expected but hey ...its a chopper...kinda on the fence if im gonna order an exhaust or ditch the project....

mid evolution...

yes those are 48" apes

Current state......

mmm fun wed nights in the summer

shifter is attached to the clutch.... havent put the sprocket back on yet...what a pain lol .... looking for a trail 90 tank for it but we shall see...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If it means anything I'll tell you this: The Jeffco guys aren't too happy with choppers. They don't see the difference between them and small motorcycles. You'll get hassled more from 'The Man' on a chopper than a standard motorized bike. Ask Dax about his experiences.
Tom

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
thats the biggest reason for not being sure if im gonna finish the build or not......i grew up in socal ....the fuzz aint yo freind lol.....but yeah ive seen and heard the aftermath...prob just keep it a reg chop bicycle...non motorized....use it for the denver cruisers rides

streetstrip80

Oct 12, 2008
Littleton, CO
If it means anything I'll tell you this: The Jeffco guys aren't too happy with choppers. They don't see the difference between them and small motorcycles. You'll get hassled more from 'The Man' on a chopper than a standard motorized bike. Ask Dax about his experiences.
Tom
Why do they have to rain on evryones MB parade? They are just jealous because they dont have one.
If they can't see the difference, show them the pedals.
I have pesonally never been hassled, but if I was on a legal build, I would calmly explain that the law says nothing about looking good.

If you decide to go forward with this build, I have plenty of chopped up handle bars that would be proud to be a part of a custom exhaust.

usflg
"We just want to be free to ride our machines, and not be hassled by the Man"

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
well its still sitting on the blocks in my shop...sans motor lol...had to put my utility bike back together so i could ride it to work lol....regardless thanx for the offer, ill probably be hitting you up....probably grab another motor from dax and finish it...i gotta this thing looks sick....might have figured our how to mount front brakes....that nirve fatass tire is huge....kinda hard to mount up a v brake plate and brakes...ive got about 3/16ths of an inch clearance on either side

give me vtec

Jun 19, 2009
SoCal
I don't want to seem negative but... i always prefer honesty over enthusiasm. out of all the bikes I built, my nephews occ chopper was my least favorite. they look good, but the ride is absolutely horrible and terribly impractical. super cool for a junior high kid, but not for an adult.

if you don't have too much money in this one... You might want to consider moving onto another project. if you have the resources, the sick bike kits are unbelievably awesome and will allow you use the engine you already have.

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
looks like i am going forward with this build.....need to find some other bars still i think but i have to ride the apes first.....its now od green with beige rims and white walls(still have to whitewall the rear)....my utility bike got ripped and this is what i have left over....

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
The trail 90 tank is under the flip-up seat if I remember correctly.....howzit gonna mount?
Scotto, I think he's considering using this gas tank off the Honda Mini Trail z50.

1970-Honda Mini Trail z50.

Not the Honda Trail 70 also known as the Honda CT70, with the tank under the seat.

Or maybe you can put this same type of engine in your Schwinn Stingray Chopper.

C.H.

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
i was actually going to use a s-90 tank...but its not going to happen now becasue my pops sold the tank...its all good though......im hoping to get another engine soon so i can have a mb again