help please

GoldenMotor.com

GothTech

Apr 16, 2010
ga
i have flames comming out of my tail pipe is it the carb or could it laffwhen its idle could the flames come out could it be the gas mix could be to heavy

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Goth, How about some details? Actual flames?!? 2 or 4 stroke? How long is your "tailpipe", I am assuming you mean your bike, right?

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
GothTech, I'd dial back on the jalapenos a bit. I've found as long as I keeep it under three I don't have a problem with a flaming tailpipe. Dan

GothTech

Apr 16, 2010
ga
its a 2 stroke boy go fast motor i got from ebay when it idles the flames come out the tail pipe :-||

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Add a flange, drill & tap the exhaust manifold, put a lil weedwacker plug in there w/another coil & a switch & when the engine is warmed up - rev it a bit with the choke partially on and hit the switch = instant flames out the pipe :D

I haven't the slightest idea if that would work w/our lil HTs & I bet the system hasn't enough juice to run another ignition system in any case, but it's a not uncommon trick amongst the hotrodders & their old school V8s. Buddy o'mine had a seriously worked 'rod with that setup and it'd shoot 6-8' flames on average... which was frankly terrifying for everyone other than him lol

...tho, come to think on it 2door's 2 door is beggin' for it methunks :p

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Flames from the exhaust has been around for a long time. I'm not sure of the origins but I've seen old photos of flaming tailpipes from the 40s. Today, the rat rod crowd is doing it and using propane piped into the exhaust with igniters to fire it off. There's a guy here in town with a rat rod 31 coupe, Olds engine with zoomies that point straight up. He carries a propane bottle like used on a gas grill. When he fires it off the flames will go up about twenty feet. Don't have a photo of the flames but this is the car.
Tom

Attachments

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida
I wish my bike had flames coming out of the tail pipe. Whenever you find out why, let me know. That would be awesome!