Helmet cam, The ultimate legal revenge?

GoldenMotor.com

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Hi, I recently got nearly run over.. And then nearly run over again the same day.. And I gotta say, Im pertty pissed and not gonna take it anymore.. Iv allready bought a 120db or so air horn to add to my bike to.. REMIND some of these motorists to stop being !$%!@%. ($35 or so at local bike shop, remote air bottle charged by bike pump/etc)

And I just thought of an awsome idea.. Still trying to find a cop to talk to and see what they think of it.. But here it is:

If we start wearing helmet cams (Cough cough, No audio and keep the view angle up so they don't record the motor and land US in trouble), Could we submit the video to the police when people illegaly cut us off, Pass us unsafely, etc, And have these people fined/ticketed for unsafe driving? Maybe even lose some points on thier lisence.

Helmet Cameras on dealextreme go for as little as $50 with 640x480 resolution, And some with 2MP+ picture taking modes. Should be just enough to record a lisence plate if they got close enough to nearly kill ya.

And maybe some $200 tickets will get these damn people to start respecting bikes.. Or at least fear doing stupid **** around us.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
You would definitely have to check every local, county and state law regarding video (or video/audio) recording to make sure you don't get in trouble.
Many states won't allow you to even vid (no audio) an officer or anyone else without both parties consent.
It's a tricky situation.
Best bet is to just talk to your local law enforcement and ask them the law or if they don't know, contact the local D/A and ask him/her.