• Diamondback wcf2.0 20" frame

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Rockhopper 16" frame

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

headlessdan

Oct 11, 2010
Lompoc, CA
I'm prepping for my first build and figured I'd put this to a poll: I've got both a diamondback wcf2.0, and an older rockhopper, and need to figure out which one will be more fun around town and off-road. The DB is only about 16 lbs with everything but the motor kit but it's all carbon fiber so I can't mod the frame at all. The rockhopper is heavier, but steel, and I can weld. weigh in.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
mighta been 1K new, but now they ain't worth much. saw one on Craig's for $250, and another for $320.

despite that, i wouldn't trust a carbon frame, or whatever a "welded carbon/chromolly blend" configuration is.

bike companies, especially china companies, ain't aerospace, or even automotive techs when it comes to carbon fiber. i used to have a link where they used newspaper as a mold and wrapped the fiber around that. and this was a production bike from a big company.

not trying to make fun of your bike, i'm jus' sayin...

mostly, i'd go with whichever bike is easier to build since it's your first one.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I'm leery of putting a motor on a $1K carbon frame though.
This makes your choice very simple....why think twice? The Specialized Rockhopper is really your only option....you just said so!

I did vote for the Diamondback however ....that's the one I would choose for myself. Have it your way, this isn't Burger King....u-know!