Schwinn stingray occ

GoldenMotor.com

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Hi i have a Schwinn stingray orange country chopper thats almost done!!! when i sit on it with the seat as high as is the max for it i still fell a little cramped on it i was wondering if anyone has put a banana seat with a sissy bar? it would probably look nice but the rear wheel is wider than what they are made for... has any made one?

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Stingrays are for kids dude. That's why its cramped. You could get a layback seatpost, that might help. As for the banana seat, anything can be modified.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Although I have two OCC MB's, this one is not mine. This one belongs to Arkives1.
My OCC's us the standard seat.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Although I have two OCC MB's, this one is not mine. This one belongs to Arkives1.
My OCC's us the standard seat.
Thats a nice build! i wanted to buy an ape-hanger for my bike but couldn't find one so i kept the original one on it... i am planning on buying barrys exhaust and a #41 roller chain this week... i just noticed the tensioner... i am planning on grinding down the top so it wont interfere with the brakes...

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Monster,
I am short still I bump the standard h-bars in a turn if i pedal. I have never wiped out on a OCC but came close twice. One time taking a fast sharp turn, the chain broke(high mileage 800+). The other time making a turn the pedal hit the road. The pedals are close to the ground. MAKE IT A HABIT to have the inside pedal up in ALL turns.
My second OCC has the standard bur medium rise h-bars. Both bikes have turn limiters installed(limits it to about 110 deg.).
They are fun bikes and pretty sexy looking but for pleasure rides I prefer the 1951 cruiser. Enjoy both the build and the ride!

Last edited:

frostythesnowman

Sep 20, 2010
Tiffin OH
Sweet builds guys. Just starting mine, but using a Jesse James/ West Coast. Hope it comes out as nice as yours. Using a 5-horse Tecumseh, and eliminating the pedals.

sonnyboy1388

Jan 22, 2009
Florida
I read your thread about your stingray occ schwinn...I built one for my younger brother if you explain how I can send pictures...it's a great ride and I did custom weld a four foot steel conduit sissy bar on it...it defiantly helps in comfort...unfortunatly we never managed to master fitting an exhaust to it and we hardly ride it because of that...how did you manage an exhaust?

sonnyboy1388

Jan 22, 2009
Florida
I have a schwinn stingray that I built last year for my younger brother. In that year we have had countless problems with the exhaust and the bike is unrideable more often than it's rideable because the exhaust is always cracked. That being said the rest of the bike is really cool and I'd like to find out what everyone else does for fitting the exhaust. Any suggestions????

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I have a schwinn stingray that I built last year for my younger brother. In that year we have had countless problems with the exhaust and the bike is unrideable more often than it's rideable because the exhaust is always cracked. That being said the rest of the bike is really cool and I'd like to find out what everyone else does for fitting the exhaust. Any suggestions????
I am getting barrys thunder pipe! 8D i did bend my exhaust but i felt that it was to close to the ground. i am also getting a #41 roller chain off of ebay for my bike.

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
Yes i did get his mount... now im waiting for the chain i purchased off of ebay last friday.... they still haven't even shipped the chain out....:-||:-||:-||

Bike Monster

Jun 4, 2010
Conneticut
I received the chain today... it was beautiful... it is a 10ft nickel plated #41 roller chain... XD Now i should be able to finish my bike!! it has taken all summer but now it will be finished soon!!!! dance1