I’m new to this can you help

GoldenMotor.com

Sep 4, 2010
san diego ca
I’m new to the 2 stroke world but know my way around 4 strokes. I have a raw 66/80 cc motor I use it to get to school and work and the longest trip I take is 8 miles and I have around 300 miles on it but about have way there it starts acting funny it bogs down for a second or so then picks up and agen till it slows to around 20mph and it almost cuts out one the one hill I go up. But if I gust make a short trip like to the store it runs grate no problems on the hill it seems like it does it when it’s hot. o ps the brass fitting in the spark plug boot came completely out the other day I have replaced it but is that a sign of the motor over heating or gust a cheep part. Any help or advice would be grate thanks.

Attachments

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
First off, welcome to the forum! Couple of things jump out at me, check the carb. main jet, procedures for re-drilling are in the thread "norms 2 stroke repair" use the search option on the top of the opening page, type "drilling main jet", should help you out. The other thing I've had an issue with is zip striping the ignition wires to the frame, unless you change the connections and heat shrink them, they can be arcing to the frame, causing intermittent misfire. Also get a B6HS NGK spark plug(gap.025) and a different plug wire from stock if you havn't already, big difference! A cheap in line fuel filter is good protection too. I know this stuff is all "Over the place" but 20 nickles equal a dollar, these little motors respond to the details.
If you could, send me or post a PIX of the other side of the bike, the carb/manifold area. Looks like a tight installation, just like one of my MTN bikes, be careful not to overtighten the hardware(engine mounts), there only 6mm, recommend a hardware upgrade, parts avail from SBP or Pirate cycles, there worth there weight in gold. Feel free to ask any questions, we've been thru the building curve, been there, got a T-shirt, just tryng to help!!

MAC

Sep 4, 2010
san diego ca
how do i replace the plug wire dose it Unscrew from the coil like the plug boot? If so can I get some from a motorcycle or car? And I will be upgrading the hard ware both mounting bolts and I will be getting the bolt set from Pirate cycles. The intake is hand made to fit this bike it is really tight fit but it is a fit I pressure tested the intake manifold to 60 psi no leaks then I tested for air leaks with it installed with wd40 thanks for your help ill try those things and get back to you.

First off, welcome to the forum! Couple of things jump out at me, check the carb. main jet, procedures for re-drilling are in the thread "norms 2 stroke repair" use the search option on the top of the opening page, type "drilling main jet", should help you out. The other thing I've had an issue with is zip striping the ignition wires to the frame, unless you change the connections and heat shrink them, they can be arcing to the frame, causing intermittent misfire. Also get a B6HS NGK spark plug(gap.025) and a different plug wire from stock if you havn't already, big difference! A cheap in line fuel filter is good protection too. I know this stuff is all "Over the place" but 20 nickles equal a dollar, these little motors respond to the details.
If you could, send me or post a PIX of the other side of the bike, the carb/manifold area. Looks like a tight installation, just like one of my MTN bikes, be careful not to overtighten the hardware(engine mounts), there only 6mm, recommend a hardware upgrade, parts avail from SBP or Pirate cycles, there worth there weight in gold. Feel free to ask any questions, we've been thru the building curve, been there, got a T-shirt, just tryng to help!!

MAC

Attachments

Sabotronics Inc.

Apr 17, 2010
Costa Rica
Nice way to fit the carb, I'll try to do something like that. I have some troubles with my stock intake, it doesn't fit properly because the frame is too short (17") and I'm using an aditional pipe to make it work, but it isn't very efficient, the engine doesn't have the power it should be.

Sorry about my english!