Stretched To Far?

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have a line on a stretched beach cruiser already has a motor on it. He wants $350 for it but I think he will come down. I offered him $275 and he said to come down and take a look. Its about 90 miles away. He said it is 8' long and very heavy. Does that sound like maybe it is too long? Here is the ad:Chopper bicycle with 80 cc engine

What do you guys think?

Terry

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Looks like he added foot rests like a Harley, pretty cool when you go for long jaunts. I would say check it out, listen to the engine, if it runs good its not such a bad deal for under $300. But check that rust, if he's let it sit outside uncovered, it could be a nightmare to clean up, definitely negotiate the price if so. Great find though!

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
You noticed that rust too! I figured on using that as a bargaining point. It is kind of set up how I want to do one. I think a couple of light weight black leather saddle bags on the back would fit right in. I will be taking a look at it tomorrow. If he still has it.

Terry

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Yep, that's how I had my 2-stroke set up on my stretch. Originally I had the engine moved forward, but the mounts just couldn't handle the torque, so I moved it back against the seat post, and that took care of that problem. I made a little L-bracket for the front mount that attached to the bottom with a chrome buggy mount, worked great, but it looks like this guy put in another post. Cool, but may look unsightly, can't tell from pictures. Easily removed if your going to paint it anyway. I am mounting a 4-stroke on mine now, and have modified the crank to accept a 32T chainring. Makes it a lot easier to pedal such a big bike. But that rail/foot rest has me thinking, hmmm.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have been thinking about this and I think I'll pass on it. Just about 1 or 2 feet to long. Seven would be okay but no longer. I have a 18' camper and I was planning on taking the bike along. Put the bike inside the camper. I don't think it would work.

Terry

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
FT, that looks like a standard stretch frame with springer fork,,,
my micargi mustang with springer measures at 7'4" from outside edge of tire to tire

I believe that most stretches are similar in dimensions :)

that seems like a pretty fair price (my stretch was 300 just for the bike)

I hope that info helps you a little

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
You noticed that rust too! I figured on using that as a bargaining point. It is kind of set up how I want to do one. I think a couple of light weight black leather saddle bags on the back would fit right in. I will be taking a look at it tomorrow. If he still has it.

Terry
Hey, from what I could see that is a Micargi Mustang Stretch Cruiser ( if I'm seeing the drop outs in the blurry pic thats def a Micargi Mustang ), with the springer forks setup slightly bent can't remember what those style forks are called.

You might be better off buying a new Stretch Cruiser, as it won't be very easy to remove the chrome not to mention that RedB66 has had 2-Micargi Mustang's develop hairline cracks in the frame around the bottom bracket. Just check for cracks around head tube, bottom bracket, seat down tube, and definitely check those springer forks for cracks.

I hope you make the right decision for yourself, and are happy with this Stretch Cruiser!

Good Luck & I'd tell the guy selling it if you see a lot of issues that you'd like to think about it overnight! Just a Suggestion!!!

Here's my GreenLine Stretch Cruiser:

Peace Crazy Horse.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Get it ,change from bent springer forks to regular springers or triple trees and weld gussets in where needed and paint it a magestic red (or color of your choosing )

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I think it's a bad deal!! just my 2 cents. and tad bit, I mounted my engine behind the seat post the rear of the engine is 4 inches from the back tire lol but it sure didnt fit untill i chopped the frame and reconfigured it.. this is a puma tho but almost like a mustang.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Get it ,change from bent springer forks to regular springers or triple trees and weld gussets in where needed and paint it a magestic red (or color of your choosing )

The bike in that ad looks like a rusty POS!!
You could build yourself a real nice one for only a little more money!
I agree with Corgi & Venice, if you do get this Stretch Cruiser, I'd switch the Bent style Springer forks to Straight Springer Forks being that these new springer forks are repops and not as strong as original / vintage springer forks, like Venice said you'd probably be better off getting a new Stretch Cruiser for a lil more money. The Stretch Cruisers from Firmstrong which are almost identical to my GreenLine sell for about the same price that this bike is selling for less the engine!

BTW, did the seller say what brand of Stretch Cruiser this is, might be a good idea to ask him when, & where he bought it, and don't forget a bill of sale, just in case it's a HOT BIKE!!!

Again, if I might suggest if you go and see this Stretch Cruiser I'd ask the guy selling to let me think about this deal overnight.

Then maybe you could take some pictures and share them here in the forum for a better idea or suggestions as to this purchase being a good or bad investment.

Peace Crazy Horse.

stingray'04rider

Jul 3, 2010
garland, texas
ok, offer him what you feel comfortable at, DON'T pay $350 for it, use the heavy rust and his low maintenance of it as a bargaining point. simple. don't pass on it. it just needs a little maintenance.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Take someone w/you,,the guy dosen't spell very good (worse than us)and the 18 volt horn sounds funny for a 6 volt system,any system for that matter