Why cant we have a forum just for mountain bike motor bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
That thing would wake up the whole town...it's gotta be LOUD! I'd like to hear it. Reminds me of my ole 1966 Suzuki bearcat 120cc when the muffler broke off...talk about LOUD!!! What? I can't hear you...

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
ever notice(not being prejudice) how mexicans bach up there ride by putting too fat of a tire on there ride?here in chicago u can tell what nationality drives what car for the most part-lol. anyways, dont bach it up!!!, keep that clean foose look, or make it a ratrod but please no bachin **** up.....

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
Scotto, You figured it out, the best way to anger the people you live near is to ride your bike with a loud pipe. If this your goal, don't be alarmed if they react to you riding on their street. The best way to get unwanted attention or possible physical stuff is to ignore their rights.

Fred the Wizard

Aug 10, 2010
South King County
I'm sure there are some out here who would turn their noses up at my street legal Schwinn Mirada MTB with a hard fork, a cheapie 80cc ZB slant kit, and a ring-a-ding thumb bell to alert people when I'm passing. I'm equally at home on paved manicured interurban bike paths with roller skaters and overweight grandmas with screaming kids as well as barely walkable mountain terrain. I've gone wilderness bike packing, fording rivers and hoisting my bike fully loaded with pack and gear over clearcuts, through swamps, and loose sand to get to where I needed to go. My bike is a gargantuan monstrosity weighing in at 70 pounds loaded with engine. It's a Schwinn, built to take American abuse, and I do so with glee. My old bike was a 29 inch Schwinn Continental 10 speed. I put roughly ten thousand miles on it before I had to shoot it. There is nothing I have done on my Mirada that I didn't do on my Continental except put an engine on it. It's just a bit easier in the rough terrain. If they woulda had mountain bikes back then, I might have had one. Point is, in some cases the line is blurred, particularly with these newfangled engines. Despite that, really there's nothing new under the sun. The only things that change are the faces and names. We all enjoy the same stuff.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I'm sure there are some out here who would turn their noses up at my street legal Schwinn Mirada MTB with a hard fork, a cheapie 80cc ZB slant kit, and a ring-a-ding thumb bell to alert people when I'm passing. I'm equally at home on paved manicured interurban bike paths with roller skaters and overweight grandmas with screaming kids as well as barely walkable mountain terrain. I've gone wilderness bike packing, fording rivers and hoisting my bike fully loaded with pack and gear over clearcuts, through swamps, and loose sand to get to where I needed to go. My bike is a gargantuan monstrosity weighing in at 70 pounds loaded with engine. It's a Schwinn, built to take American abuse, and I do so with glee. My old bike was a 29 inch Schwinn Continental 10 speed. I put roughly ten thousand miles on it before I had to shoot it. There is nothing I have done on my Mirada that I didn't do on my Continental except put an engine on it. It's just a bit easier in the rough terrain. If they woulda had mountain bikes back then, I might have had one. Point is, in some cases the line is blurred, particularly with these newfangled engines. Despite that, really there's nothing new under the sun. The only things that change are the faces and names. We all enjoy the same stuff.
Very well said, Fred.

.flg.