Why cant we have a forum just for mountain bike motor bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
I am asking why not have a forum dedicated solely to mountain MB's?
Im not putting anyone down for there creations but i dont like road bike style MB's(tires flat too easily rims warp at a little pot hole in the road and i like to be able to hop on the curb if i need to)
to be honest the only two kinds of bicycle frame i would ever put these motors on would be Mountain
bikes or a 20" bmx style bike. Right now i have my happy lil Grubee 49cc Skyhawk GT5 angle fire on an
1990's model Schwinn High Plains (not those new wally world Schwinn's that are out now)
I hope i dident anger anyone in this post i was just saying what works best for me and how i ride.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Because there's a limit to how much we can sub-divide the homepage before it effects load times and just like with 'Tricycles and Recumbents' road bikes are rare enough builds they got lumped in with mountain bikes... I'll admit trikes & recumbents, mountain & road have little to do with each other, but it's not a bad compromise...

Something similar could ofc be said of even 'Board Trackers and Vintage' as not all boardies are oldies and not all vintage bikes are boardtrackers - but not all that long ago they were ALL lumped in together regardless of type, so...

It's progress lol ;)

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The forum is for mountain bikes but some pesky guys keep modifying the frames to look
like sleek slide through the wind crusiers romancing the memories even strechin' 'em and just keep postin' LOL.......

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Most of the mountain bikes on this site are street driven. I would support a new forum for off road mountain bikes. Trail ridden motorized bikes present unique problems.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I have several mountain bikes, none of them have engines! Power and off-roading chores on two-wheels
I hand over to the mighty CRF 450R, but that's just me. I do however take my motorized beach cruiser on mild off-road endevours and it does just fine...and with zero suspension! And this is the reason I like the Kenda K-RAD 26x 2.3 tires...an enduro tire for bicycles if there ever was one. Cheers.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
There was a bar "South Park" in Poughkeepsie NY. Thursday nights, they used to serve free cheesy poofs when the show was on.

charles.paskell

Feb 25, 2010
NC
Here she is my Schwinn High Planes on my grubee 49cc angle fire gt5.
I hope this helps, I dident have the air cleaner on it when i posted my pic.
also, yes i cut my muffler off, it wouldent clear the peadal on the left side and couldent bend it so i cut it off and yes i know its bad for it to run like that but ive put 600-800 miles on her and she still roars like a lion.And im not going for looks on this bike cause i really don't care what others think
also i ride around town alot and an ugly bike is a deterrent to most thieves and my clutch actuator pin is messed up i have to run start it but it gets me where i need to go and is way cheaper and a whole lot more fun than riding the city bus.

Attachments

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
When ya first asked about the mountain bike subforum I so wanted to answer "No, you're a TOWEL!" ...but I figured ya get that a bunch lol ;)