Here comes the baddest of the bad!

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Becoming Great Friends over this is the best part for me.
For me too Gene! Delivery dates came and went...you never broke my balls over it...I will always remember that! I enjoyed doing this build without the typical "rush and hack" approach.

Forum members: The engine mounts were done, (many hours), three times before I was satisfied with the placement of the engine.

Gene, Kawasaki, Brian Conners from newfoundland, and recently Dave; waited very patiently for this to be finished so that it could be a proven, bolt-on kit.

The Morini engine is a very nice piece!!! It will idle so slow that you can hear it breathing...crack the throttle and instant response.

The tuned pipe dimensions that Morini provided are spot-on. The engine perfoms exactly to the data sheet provided. I didn't expect anything less...but it sure was nice to put the dimensions into form and have it work out so well.

Jim

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
Jim or Gene, is the lady in the first pics married to one of you ? If so you might want to keep a close eye on your ride, she looks like she has that "glint" in her eyes kinda like "If that wall weren't in front of me now I'd be 9 miles down the road...." LOL.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
Wow! now that is what i call a motorized bike. that is absolutely beautiful. it looks like something you would see in a show. very nice work jim!

BrettMavriK

Oct 3, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
The drive set-up is simple, and very easy to maintain.

Note the fact that the bearing shaft is eccentric to the housing...by turning the entire housing in the bracket...the engine chain can easily be tensioned.

Jim
Guys, The Bike came out sound perfection. This is how a machinist builds a bike.
This is thee most advanced and reliable motorized bicycle ever built.
Congratulations on your excellence!

Thoughs about the Eccentric Jackshaft:
Looks like the shaft itself goes all the way through to the other side, and could be lengthened to facilitate a gear on that opposite side. I see it also incorporates the mounting flanges for the Morini.
Seems like it could be designed as a stand-alone unit with no engine mounts and become
The Ultimate Jackshaft
for custom builders like me. In that, the engine of choice I use would have its' own mounting system.
Is the jackshaft 5/8", with 1-3/8" bearings?

I love the jackshaft, Jim.
I would love to see a universal unit that would give so much freedom to custom builders, because a sound jackshaft to work with unique applications is hard to create on our own. I spend so much time building my jackshaft set-up by hand, it's hardly cost effective.

Once again, excellent work guys!

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Try gargling peanut butter. :D
Larry the cable guy Quote: "I don't care who you are...that was funny right there." Yes it was GearNut. laff laff laff

Cruising on...I had a chance to really ride the Morini Spoiler this week. The first thing that I noticed was the high RPM required to fully engage the clutch. I am a classic gear-head, (I prefer a mechanical clutch), so I dismissed the Morini clutch as being the typical auto clutch.

Kawasaki came over with a tach, and we checked the clutch engage RPM. The clutch kicked in, soft, at about 6,000 RPM. It's no wonder that the rideability was crappy.

He had the same problem with his Tanaka rack mount...and fixed it with lighter clutch springs.

He directed me to the best local scooter shop, and I bought a pair of lighter weight clutch springs...It made a HUGE difference in the rideability of the bike!

I have read other comments about the Morini clutch failing...try lighter weight springs guys...it makes a huge difference. These engines have more than enough power for a bicycle...if the clutch slips constantly...it will fry.

I know the new 6.4 H.P. uses a weighted clutch, not springs. Kawasaki has one on order...so we'll report back on how to set it up.

Jim

GeneFiorot

Feb 12, 2009
Punta Gorda Florida
We need Jim to post a close up of that Touch of New York.. The circa 1890's New York City Public School Door Knob an appropriate suicide shifter knob for this tribute. Hey you never know it could have come from a school right around the corner from Psycho Cycles on the lower East Side or maybe across the Bridge in Brooklyn near Larry's Gasoline Alley.

Now to finish the Dynamo Lighting System. Really cool lights will stay lit for 7 minutes without the wheel turning without batteries and charging. Jim will have to fit it in the Headwinds Tear Drop Head light.

BossCat

Nov 29, 2009
Scotland
Still just cant make out how the sprocket/cog attaches to the back wheel missing the disc rotor.

Regards
Tom

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Still just cant make out how the sprocket/cog attaches to the back wheel missing the disc rotor.

Regards
Tom
Please Jim, share with us your secret on mounting the left side drive with the Disc Brake?

Is it similar to the same machining / cutting threads onto hub's, I had the local machine shop do both my OCC & XL Chopper 20-inch X 4-inch rear wheels, cost me $292.00 for machining left hand threads on both of these hubs so I now have dual drive rear wheel's for both my chopper's!

See my thread Dual Drive on OCC & XL Choppers here is the Link:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=19143

Please share with us more of your works of Art from,
The Manic Mechanic ( Skunk Works / Area 51 ) at Creative Engineering!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Freewheel Drive Sprocket From:Bicycle Engines, Motorized Bicycles, Bicycle Motors, Motored Bikes: 2-Stroke & 4-Stroke Kits!
Freewheel Sprocket & HD Axle Kit w/Brake - $49.99

PS I'll have to upload more pic's of the dual drive hubs from camera to my confuser, that are now installed on both choppers.