front brakes on a 26'' cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

smurftrooper

Mar 25, 2010
michigan usa
hi ho! im new to the forum and the gas bike world, ive owned several mopeds and switched it up to a cheaper gas bike conversion. im wondering how the bloody **** can i install front rim brakes on a cruiser style bicycle? the local bike shop says theres nowere on my frame to mount the brake caliper, and ive seen A LOT of cruiser bikes with rim brakes on em. any advice on this subject? im afraid of drilling into the forks themselves to mount a caliper.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Side note, did you guys know that was the man's name? "Worksman" Just toured their factory. Uber cool folks and they were cleaning out the factory and selling discontinued stuff cheap. I could have spent 50K easy. They also do a lot of charity stuff.

This message was brought to you by dansco industries and no other apparent reason....

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
What's the bike? You can get a front caliper brake adapter for old Schwinns which might also work on some other makes where the front fender screws into the bottom of the fork tube.
SB

huffypower

Jan 26, 2014
carrollton, Mo
Are brake calipers like the side pulls wide enough to keep and clear the fender if installed in the fender hole? Wanting to do this but want to make sure before ordering. And is it safe to assume u would place the brake handle on the throttle side of the handlebars?