Putting a 70cc motor on my stingray...Need some help

GoldenMotor.com

mobilgal

Jul 15, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Thanks azvinnie - I found his information earlier and had already emailed him. He does not currently have any mounts on ebay. :-(

I will keep checking back though.

Well, it's seems it'll require more work,extra $$ and extra parts on this my first bike...but then I got the bike for only $20 so I'm Ok with that. I'm on a very tight budget and wanted to do it all for less than $250. I can get the motor on ebay for $150 (Shipping included) so it looks like with all the extras...I will have a sweet ride. I plan to put Ape Hanger handle bars on it. Not too tall though, maybe 1 1/2 feet. Maybe mirrors and such.

Here is the before shot.

Attachments

azvinnie

Jul 23, 2008
sorry, about that, l thought he was still making them or is he out of them temporarily?

mobilgal

Jul 15, 2008
Kansas City, MO
azvinnie

Oh No! Don't be sorry. It's was a good tip. I hope he is just temporarily out. I haven't heard back from him yet. His mufflers look cool...but I don't want LOUD. I will be pulling my daughter in a trailer behind me at times and want to be able to hear her if need be. I can take her, my little dog and a deflated inflatable kayak in the trailer and hit the lake. Or maybe we'll just cruz around the lake and enjoy the breeze.

azvinnie

Jul 23, 2008
One suggestion if l may, when pulling your daughter around.
Either make your exhaust a short one so it points at the ground between your front tire and the frame or go with a long pipe that will go past the trailer so your child dosen't get overwhelmed with the fumes from the engine.
l do the same thing "pulling the girls" so, l went with a short pipe that helps with them not getting to much fumes. like l said just a suggestion.........
l actually now pull them with my electric trike, no fumes and no noise so l can hear them....

Attachments

mobilgal

Jul 15, 2008
Kansas City, MO
Yeah. I was planning on running a flex hose under and out the back of the trailer to avoid any smoke in her face. Something easy on and off for when I don't have her with me. Good advice though.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
One suggestion if l may, when pulling your daughter around.
Either make your exhaust a short one so it points at the ground between your front tire and the frame or go with a long pipe that will go past the trailer so your child dosen't get overwhelmed with the fumes from the engine.
l do the same thing "pulling the girls" so, l went with a short pipe that helps with them not getting to much fumes. like l said just a suggestion.........
l actually now pull them with my electric trike, no fumes and no noise so l can hear them....
Could you please tell me a little about the electric trike. Is the rear assembly a kit or did it come that way. If you look at my bike California Kid the front half is the same, its a West Coast Choppers from XYZ Bikes. Those big tires look like they are off a Sting Ray. The trike is off the charts COOL. Walter F.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I made my own custom mount as I intended on buying barrys stuff but he was out for too long. I became impatient so I had to fab my own. And Mobil gal, Barry will use the parts from the pipe you get with the kit to fab one for you so it will be more quite. Barry's pipe is very loud, it is just a straight pipe no baffle no frills just loud as ****. However I used a stainless steel mesh (Pot scrubber) and stuffed it in the fat part of the pipe. Now it has a very nice low pop and actually runs better because of the back pressure which the straight pipe doesn't have. As for your budget if you buy barry's stuff you can kiss that goodbye, Pipe was $73 bucks with shipping and the mount is like $60ish so with the motor that will put you over. Also do not rush this project expecially if your gonna haul your girls. If I were you I'd keep an eye on this forum you may need advise, I wish I had found this site before I built mine. Would've saved me a headache or two.

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Even with a nice $20 chopper if you have to purchase everything prefabed. You will shoot right past your $250 budget. This one was brought in under $250 but most non Mtr kit things are DIY. Good luck you'll love it when your done

Attachments