A light subject

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I have been looking for a 6 V. light for a HT white wire. I think I am on a roll. I picked up a pair of 750 Honda Shadow front turn signals at a garage sale awhile back in case I ever dinged the ones on my 1100. They are chrome plastics with a rubber-like strut that clamps around a fork leg. The angle is right to clamp around a steering head tube on a bike, maybe with some help from racer tape or rubber sheet. Here's where it gets wierd. I had a pair of emergency exit floods from a junked unit where I used to work. The lens and reflector look like a perfect fit and I can retain the bulb fixture if I can find a small enough 6 v. bulb to work with the HT. white wire without killing it. I am going to try the tail light element in a 6-v car first. If that fails I might have to change or alter the socket to hold a single element parking or side-light bulb or likesuch. The lens and reflector can be retained by a ring of bike innertube until another idea comes along.
I just know someone is going to say, "why bother, Joe Blow has these perfect little lights or diodes or whatever. I'm listening---KWzpt