titan mod

GoldenMotor.com

oldieone

Apr 14, 2009
Portland, Oregon
The only mod that I have heard of, for the Titan (Hua Sheng), is the Flexible exhaust pipe used on the EZ Motorbike, prototype. noticable prformance improvement has been reported.
With no mods this engine pulls me way faster, than I need to go, and I weigh 290 lbs.
The best change that i can recomend is the ability to use multiple speeds to improve hill climbing.
oldieone

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
oldieone, thanks for the recommendation. I'm only 130lbs, but i'm all for more power. I've yet to have the motor so I can't say if it's fast enough for me just yet. But, as soon as I find out, I know the HP mod bug will bit me. I'm a boost addict as I also owned a turbo mr2.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Put a chain driven blower of some kind? Just a thought might be fun for more torque? I am just not that crazy about speed any more. Yet this thing has valves could work.

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
got done installing it last night. test ride failed!!!!.... the chain keep popping off the rear sprocket. I tried raising the engine to make it tight and still didn't help. Went the other way and still didn't help. can anyone see what I'm missing here?

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Start over by loosening and make sure that your jack shaft is level. Raise your rear wheel by whatever means and hand spin your wheel watching your jack shaft sprocket. Sometimes if the rag mount sprocket is off by just a little bit it will do that and tightening may make it feel like it's helping but it really will just wear everything down quickly.
Loosen that chain and spin it. If your sprocket is a little off center you'll see your chain go tight loose. Set the chain on the tight side and spin again. Listen that your jack shaft sprocket is not ticking meaning your chain is trying to slip off that sprocket. A quarter turn here and there on the adjusting bolts to get that jack shaft level so your chain does not want to ride off makes all the difference.
Absolutely take your time and you'll get it. Remember that tight is not right when it comes to this. You want a little play.
Once it's set you'll never ever need to mess with it again.
I check Cronus and the Buggy Bike daily and I haven't adjusted the chain at all yet this riding season.
If your sprocket is off by a lot though you may want to pull that wheel and get that sprocket more level.

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
it is coming off mostly on the rear sprocket on the tire. I don't have anything to level the sprocket with while putting it on. I might have to remove the wheel and have it balance/level at a bike shop. Anybody knows a good bike shop in beaverton?

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
i wonder if i can just bring my bike there for them to reinstall. I tried truing the wheel today. it was a lot better than yesterday but the chain still pops off.