Going up a hill with ease?

GoldenMotor.com

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, I have an SBP shift kit & thoroughly recommend it. I got the deluxe that cost slightly more but u get everything needed including some tools & an upgraded chainring freewheel. I've had it for at least 18 montths, probably more & in that time it has given zero trouble. The only maitainance I've done was a slight secondry chain (jacksaft to chainring) retension in the 1st week after fitting it. If u want the ability to climb hill with ease & still have all ur top speed, I think these r the answer. U also get the bonusrs of 1; ur motor is triangular mounted to ur frame. 2; no more dodgy chain tensioner/idler. The 1st of these reduces vibration a bit, the 2nd reduces vibration A LOT. Another bonus ia no more rag joint mounted sprocket. Mount it properly the 1st time & u'll have no problems. Cheers

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hi, I have an SBP shift kit & thoroughly recommend it. I got the deluxe that cost slightly more but u get everything needed including some tools & an upgraded chainring freewheel.
The bottom bracket tool and chain breaker are a nice bonus once if you don't have them but the HD freewheel is a must unless you are running a weak stock 48cc or that cheap one will fail and that HD bearing cost is over 1/3 of the cost of whole kit, add the special pedals, sprockets and BB parts and the BB is over 1/2 the cost of the whole JS kit.

I am spoiled rotten when it comes to geared motorized bicycles, my personal rides change like the weather but one thing they all have in common is gears no matter what the power source is as I refuse to go back to direct drive ;-}

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
My Staton Inc shiftkit has held up great. Compared to others my Robin Subaru 33 cc, 1.6 hp engine is quite small. Yet I've climb 30% grade hills at 6 mph and I weigh 250 lbs. I've seen bikes with single geared drives with engines twice the size of mine which couldn't go up the same hill. Since my bike shifts 5 gears automatically I don't have to wonder if I'm in the right gear.