My Crazy ported Happy Time Engine

GoldenMotor.com

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo
well i took my engine apart to take picture for you guys only to find pitting of the head and scroing on the jug and the piston was pretty much ok

so heres my porting now

2.5mm up ex 5mm wider
2mm down in 4mm wider
fixed tran ports
2 4mm wide boost ports with 2 4mm hole in the piston
port mached with dental paper so it 100% perfectish

the the flat spot on the head was milled off so i could run no base gasket and not hit the head this mod made the bike a lot harder to start (wheel sids alot)

my new top speed with this porting was 47mph GPS and 8400+rpm "sthi tack"

im hoping with my new mod it sould it 50mph

power wise for 5-10mph a stock ht with 44 would beat me and from 10-40 im way faster and then it starts with the vibs and then gose nice again at 45+mph

I will post new pics of my new porting in a day or so

if i do hit 50mph i will make a video with gps and drive on a road beside the freeway and il only be passed slowly usflg

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Re: My Crazy ported Happy Time

Hi. Uno if the boost ports extend to the bottom of the cylinder the feeder ports in the piston arent nescessary. Cheers

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw

I assume you run reeds for all that porting. I like the idea, but I just cant justify $80 for it yet. If not, I imagine you'd actually lose power.

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo

Hi. Uno if the boost ports extend to the bottom of the cylinder the feeder ports in the piston arent nescessary. Cheers
i know but there not much room in the boost port as it round and only 4mm deep with sounds a lot but if you saw it, it would make to add a hole aswell.

usflg

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo

I assume you run reeds for all that porting. I like the idea, but I just cant justify $80 for it yet. If not, I imagine you'd actually lose power.
i run at 30% or wot and reeds would be useful to me, well at least not for 80$

CR500AF

May 20, 2012
Ontarieo

I can't help but notice that you don't have a squish band on your head.
Polishing your combustion chamber on the stock head is a waste of time.

What is the point of doing these "crazy" porting mods if you don't have
very basic 2 stroke parameters done?
the flat area that gose past the gasket area needs to be rounded out with gives you a real squish band. if you look past the carbon and pitting you will see my head has has the flat area on the stock squish band removed on a mill to give the engine a proper squish band and allow me to run no base gasket boosting the conpression big time

sorry i should have took a picture on it right of the mill and new usflg