Looking for a little help on my current build

GoldenMotor.com

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
here is the bike im working with. was given to me a few years ago.

main thing is where to mount the motor and how to mount the sprocket to the rear wheel. my first motorized bike project turned out well and im quite happy with it. now id like to try and do something a little harder.

im just stuck on what to do from here id like to keep the bike in the condition it is, without having to make any heavy mods to it.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
here is the bike im working with. was given to me a few years ago.
main thing is where to mount the motor and how to mount the sprocket to the rear wheel. my first motorized bike project turned out well and im quite happy with it. now id like to try and do something a little harder.
im just stuck on what to do from here id like to keep the bike in the condition it is, without having to make any heavy mods to it.
I see only two options with that frame. 1) front engine mount...no front sprocket (roller drive)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250766405363?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
or 2) rear engine mount (rack), either a roller drive or chain/belt drive.

Last edited:

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
i do kinda have a plan but im not to sure if its gonna work. and wanted to get a little input from a few of you that have been at this longer than me.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Honestly I think there's really no practical way to mount a China motor to the frame without modding the frame. Really you might be better off trading for a different bike, unless your fabricating skills are of a Journeyman level.

I wouldn't attempt it but that's just me :p