fuel ratio

GoldenMotor.com

SdCruizer

Feb 15, 2012
San Deigo
ive experimented with about 4 different mixes after break in
I only changed mix to fine tune my jetting, as adding more oil makes you leaner, less oil makes you richer to a point
you have to be in the ballpark with the jetting first

even at 16:1-32:1 I had no top speed increase on the same setup on all stock bike

intake/exhaust is the way to make power along with the correct carb to tie it all in together

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry Im talking about oil/fuel
You didn't tell us what engine you have. That would help, but if you're running the standard Chinese 2 stroke, do some research here. It is a topic that has seen a lot of discussion.

24:1 is okay for break-in but we recommend a 32:1 mix thereafter. Unless, you plan on running one of the synthetics or semi-synthetics. Some of them can be safely run at 100:1 and others in the 50 to 70:1 range. We tell all new builders to disregard the kit instructions that tell you to run a 16:1 mix. That has proven to be too much oil and can cause fouling of the spark plug and clogging of the muffler, especially the catalytic converter type.
Whatever oil you choose, follow the oil manufacturer's instructions for mix ratios. If you're concerned with the engine warranty, check with your seller but don't run 16:1.
Tom

Rocksolidperson

Feb 11, 2012
Australia
ive tried 16:1 and it made the motor behave lean, i use castor mix oil at 25:1, castor mix will make a difference i got 3km/pr more,also smells good. Although any quallity oil is ok i wouldn't run more than 20:1 or less than 50:1 anywhere in between is fine