Anyone use a different head on their 49 cc raw

GoldenMotor.com

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
I am looking for ways to get a few more MPH out of my Beach Cruiser with a 49 CC raw china girl. I know this is probably a subject that has been beaten to death but I am curious what I can do as far as add ons that will get me the five more mph so I can ride in the right lane and not feel like I am holding everyone up. I already have the better spark plug and wire and expansion tube from sick bike parts. I thought I read somewhere here that one can buy a different head from Treatland in San Francisco, a place that sells parts mostly for motor scooters but they also have many options for motorized bikes as well. I wrote to the guy and he said that the Puch 50 and 70 mm heads are the ones most bought and that I should check here in the forum for folks who have actually installed one. The idea is they raise the compression and therefore more power equals more horsepower equals more MPH. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth it? How much do things improve? Is there a downside to doing this?

Look forward to hearing anyone who has tried this.

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
I would suggest you do some general research on 2 stroke tuning first. Bolt-on -anything- won't do you a lick of good unless you know how to get the whole system up to speed. There's plenty of info on the web for tuning these little beasts.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I agree with Tohri, you should work on tuning your whole bike for performance first instead of looking for some bolt-on fix. You can tune the carb and exhaust and optimize air flow and fuel delivery, reduce drag by improving/eliminating the chain tensioner, eliminate wheel wobble and/or brake rubbing,change sprockets if you need more low end pull or top end speed...
That said, if you do find a better head that you get running please post back and let us know!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I run the treatland PUCH heads on both my 66cc and like the way they perform. It's a good quilty product. It needs a little modification to fit right and some better octane fuel. I see you live in L.A. 100 octane race gas on Pico and Barrington....