speed carb any good?

GoldenMotor.com

tantheman

Mar 16, 2011
boise id
hey i bought the cns race carb for my bike and its a piece of junk i cant get it to tune rite. so ive been lookin at tryin a speed carb and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them, and if anyone can give me some pointers on how to get that cns carb up to par that would be awsome thanks.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The newer CNS carbs are no good, I'm suprized they are still selling the pieces of junk. The older version is the good one. It has a tube running from the bottom of the float bowl to a barbed tube on top that feeds the fuel enrichenment circuit the carb uses for a choke. This circuit is left off the new carb, I have no idea why. The Chinese copied an old Bing carb for this. Too bad they didn't copy a Mukuni...

BGF still has some of the older carbs...think I'd better get another :p

tantheman

Mar 16, 2011
boise id
ya i think thats what ive got is the new one haha theres 60 bucks down the drain. im going to go with the speed carb then thanks guys.

insomniacshotrods

Sep 26, 2008
Also cant find anyone that has em in stock. Spooky tooth has em but cant get a add to cart icon so i cant order nothing off website and he wont answer emails. Pirate cycles - out of stock, Piston bikes - out of stock. Been trying for over a week to find one. BGF said he had 1 so im gonna try him. Bought 2 from him that just had the one off lever on side ,but didnt say speed on body . It had a hesitation at top speed. Didnt bother me none since it was on my buddies sbp 3spd chopper and i was racing him with my single speed. Since loosing the race he lost interest with the shifting and i ended up with the rat fink,so im looking for one to put on it. I really like the one on my Moondog. Woke it up alot.

Last edited:

tantheman

Mar 16, 2011
boise id
you can buy mine off of me man i hate it i dont know if its just the elevation or what im in idaho. but i just road for a half hour and my engine siezed up. and i dont have any leaks in the case or on the intake i made sure of it before i took off with it. it just doesnt work for me

Last edited:

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
I switched to speed carbs for both of my motors (on a Dax and second a Boy Go Fast). WOW, is all I can say. The Dax always ran great with stock carb but it is noticeably more powerful and the engineis now not only smooth but stronger...I love it!

The BGF engine with speed carb also develops more power and still remains unrefined (buzzy).

Todaleft

Oct 19, 2011
Vancouver, bc
I tried 2 CNS carbs on a 66cc with no luck. Got a speed carb today and the bike runs frickin' great.

Not going to give up on CNS tho. Once the engine is broken in properly I'll be drilling the jet out and strapping that picky ***** back on there. I honestly think it can be a better carb once it's tuned properly.

One question, what exactly is 4-stroking? And what does it sound/feel like? Cuz one the way up to top speed the sound of the engine changes (of course), just wondering if it's normal-ish.

Thanks for all your guy's help!! This forum saved my ass!....and countless hours.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i have a cns & a speed carb.
i too believe that if tuned the cns would work even better.

4 stroking is when the the mixture is too rich & the engine fires every other stroke.
i only have an expansion chamber w/o a muffler/silencer so when mine four strokes it may be more pronounced.
it sounds like it is firing every other stroke. also the sound is considerably louder being it is using 2 different strokes worth of fuel.
mine sounds like a small gun if it four strokes.
if yours doesn't four stroke normally you can still get it to if you decelerate while the clutch is still engaged. it just won't be as pronounced since you are giving it less gas if decelerating.

Todaleft

Oct 19, 2011
Vancouver, bc
I think so ya . I just watched a video on YouTube about it and I think it might be happening at the top end. I'll have to drive it tomorrow, maybe adjust 1 notch on my needle to see what happens. Worst case I have to put t back, takes 5 minutes only.

I'm ant wait to get the engine broke in and try to get my CNS carb to work properly