My new Schwinn Occ chopper :)

GoldenMotor.com

FireFaux

Jul 7, 2011
USA
I wish i have a picture of it on the leftside, the 420 chain I've been using has been KILLING my back tire... and it's so huge it doesnt allow for back brakes... I'm stuck with switching to a bike chain.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hey FireFaux, its been a long time since I built a OCC chopper but if I remember right I did use a #41 chain with no problems. Not sure how you have the rear sprocket mounted but I mounted the sprocket directly to the hub by drilling holes in the rear hub.

tomebaden

Jul 2, 2011
Loma linda ca
Bought this old thing for $30
Ran into a problem when the stock chain didn't fit and I had to get a larger 420 chain because all the other stores didn't carry 415.
As it turns out the chain is too big for the back wheel and scrapes it in rides.
I'm thinking about replacing it with a bike chain as a last resort.. tell we what you guys think!
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e...50220684000989_599045988_7457882_183662_n.jpg
order the right chain size from one of the companies sponsoring this forum.

tomebaden

Jul 2, 2011
Loma linda ca
Live fast motors is getting a special hub to fit their clam shell hub adapter, but at the very least you should get their special hub adapter that drills into the hub flange. You dont want to use a rag joint for too long.

tomebaden

Jul 2, 2011
Loma linda ca
It causes your rim to become untrue, the spokes normally work with equal force on both sides but with the rag joint it puts all that torque on the one side spokes.

tomebaden

Jul 2, 2011
Loma linda ca
The sprocket adapter they have at livefast motors fits the stock occ stingray, you drill 9 holes into the flange, but they are getting a special hub that will fit another adaptor, a hub clamp. See the manic mechanic hub clamp I think they sell them at piston bikes or pirate motors sponsoring this site, and you can see those clamps which do not work on the occ stingray but you can see how you dont have to drill or anything.

By the way, if you are building another chopper bike and it is an occ stingray I have a motor mount that I would like to sell which I never used because I decided not to go with a HT motor. You can see them if you google OCC Stingray Chopper motor mount on ebay the guy sells from ohio and makes mufflers too which I also bought along with chain tensioners. If you those items are of interest to you then I will sell my set for less than what I paid. I am not certain I wont use them yet, but I just dont like the HT motors except for the 4 stroke huasheng sold by Grubee, or the Titan by DAX, but those wont fit the stingray using a mount.

zachary

Sep 16, 2011
minnesota
how much would you sell them for? im getting a motor mount from pistonbikes.com for my next build. last motor mount i made from a old aluminum skid plat from my bros 4wheeler. i dont want to bend any more aluminum.

tomebaden

Jul 2, 2011
Loma linda ca
I see that mount from piston bikes. Not nearly as heavy duty or quality as the happyfeet one. The happy feet one comes in 4 parts, the top part with the v mount is also adjustable because he left room for movement where the bolts go and their is a plate that goes under that. You can see them on Ebay. They sell for only $5 more there. You have to drill two holes in the frame though. If that botters you they have a nice one at live fast motors it looks much nicer, you cant even see it once its on! That one goes for $65. I wish I had purchases that one now.

waynestore67

Nov 5, 2010
missisippi
I built an OCC Schwinn. I highly recommend the Manic Mechanic occ hub/sprocket adapter. No holes, bolt n go. Pirate Cycles sells a similar product.

tomebaden

Jul 2, 2011
Loma linda ca
That would be great but I have not seen one. I have seen a manic mechanic hub clamp adapter but that wont fit the OCC. Ill look around but have never seen one even at pirate cylce.