Questions about Stingray OCC build

GoldenMotor.com

mttbrysn

Jul 22, 2011
Ohio
Hi, anyone who could help Id really appreciate it. I would like to put a Mega Motors Black 66cc/80cc Bicycle Engine Kit from BikeBerry.com on my Stingray OCC 20" and I was just wondering how the engine would fit on the bike and what would be some other things I may want to get to turn this bike into a motorized bike? Also if you have put a motor on this same bike how did you do so?
Thanks

:-||

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
not to be rude,but you really need to spend more time reading and searching these threads,there are so many people here that have build the OCC bike that its not re hashing in another thread.

simply 1: search ebay for OCC engine mount or motor mounts
2: google search OCC motorized bicycle mounts
3: livefastmotors has a mount for sale for the OCC
4: size your engine up in frame and figgure out your own mount

thats as about in depth as i can get right now,i would give you links but im really busy,good luck on your build.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hi, anyone who could help Id really appreciate it. I would like to put a Mega Motors Black 66cc/80cc Bicycle Engine Kit from BikeBerry.com on my Stingray OCC 20" and I was just wondering how the engine would fit on the bike and what would be some other things I may want to get to turn this bike into a motorized bike? Also if you have put a motor on this same bike how did you do so?
Thanks

:-||
Start by purchasing a engine mount. I got mine off of Ebay. I couldn't make one as inexpensive as they are.

mttbrysn

Jul 22, 2011
Ohio
Yeah your right, I just figured it would be a better idea to actually talk with experienced bike builders. Also I heard that in order to put a engine on an OCC it requires some fabrications, I was wondering what kind of fabrications it would need because Ive seen some with the back tire cover cut so it would fit.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Yeah your right, I just figured it would be a better idea to actually talk with experienced bike builders. Also I heard that in order to put a engine on an OCC it requires some fabrications, I was wondering what kind of fabrications it would need because Ive seen some with the back tire cover cut so it would fit.
The engine mount is made to offset the engine to the left, thus enabling clearance between the chain and tire. I didn't have to make any modifications as far as engine mounting. You will need a dished rear sprocket and NOT the flat one.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
hi, what is a dished rear sprocket, and where can i get one. thabks!
This is showing you the difference between the two sprocket. The first one, shaped like a dish..see just inside the teeth. Second one is flat.

This is for description, I wouldn't buy from these people again. Not good to deal with. Buy at your own risk. There are other vendors, and members that you can buy from. BTW...I have a flat sprocket as it was left over when I built the OCC.

Dished sprocket...
bicycle Motorized BIKE GAS ENGINE - 9 hole 41T sprocket | eBay

Non Dished sprocket.
bicycle Motorized GAS motor ENGINE - 60 Teeth sprocket | eBay

btjplumber

Apr 27, 2011
Oroville CA
I fabricated my own mount because I am stubborn and have more time and creativity than money. I am still battling vibration as the evolution of my mount continues. I am having fun and learning all about my bike it is a blast. My frame cracked on both sides of the rear fender mount but I oxy-fuel welded it today and so far its good. I had the seat up to high and was riding full throttle down the road and the impact of the road bumps caused the cracks. Also around the seat clamp was cracking and I could see the bending of the tube and how it put pressure on the upper rear wheel stays. I lowered the seat and welded the cracks and considered going on a diet. Just kidding I never even considered a diet.

paparoach

May 7, 2009
Virginia
Pirate cycles has a Manic Mechanic Rear sprocket and i think that are not going to sell for much longer so you might want to jump on that . You will need that sprocket to make the build possible and safe.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I saw a post where Dave31 drilled through the back hub and mounted the sprocket direct.

I'd sure like to know more about that.