Complete Diamondback 29'er motorbike w/ shift kit

GoldenMotor.com

alienboy366

Jun 23, 2011
OC, California
NEW VIDEO:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmlhqvVhNc4

Hello to all fellow motorbike friends. Today i just finished my motorized bicycle with the new Grubee Skyhawk gt5 66 cubic centimeters engine and cns v2? carb. I also have an HD Sick Bike Parts shifter kit. The bike has 29'er wheels giving it more speed. Bike build was pretty darn hard. Oversized tubes everywhere and arg motor and shift kit didn't come together as easily as i wished it would. Clutch handle was very stiff and couldn't squeeze easily and greese made it alot more managable. had to buy a crank puller and bottom bracket tool but had to have local bike shop tighten in the new bottom bracket since it was so wide. Has lock out shocks and front and rear disc brakes. I had to custom make an intake manifold out of copper piping, soldering them together then JB-welding them on the outside for extra strength. Sanded down all the imperfection in the cruddy gas tank and repainted it with some engine enamel. I am in love with this bike now and hope it keeps running better. Stupid carb is being an ass to tune.. planning to get an SBP expansion chamber exhaust some kind of aftermarket and air cleaner. Anyone recommend SBP's HD throttle assembly as well as a double pull brake setup? here are pictures:

Attachments

Last edited:

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
nice bike.. im glad to see another 29er build other then mine. i dont know why more people dont use them because how nice they ride. bigger wheels, more speed. the ties are wide and grip really well. and i think the solid 29ers are good looking bikes.

you got a good start on your build. hope to see more of it.:)

alienboy366

Jun 23, 2011
OC, California
Alright so the bike has knobbies on them and my rims says something extra like 700x 28/38c. So im guessing i can use 700c tires? Also would a wider tire fit the rim? Like a 45-50? Thanks

bigben77

Jul 2, 2008
Edmonds, WA
Yes, 29'ers use the same size tires as 700c road bikes. width of your tire is dependant on frame clearance. I have also perchased the dual pull break lever from SBP and I LOVE it! frees up space on your bars for other stuff like headlights and computers and whatnot. not to mention 3 levers on the bars looks like crud imo. I consider a dual pull break lever to be an ecential part of any m/b build.
NICE FREAKIN' BIKE BTW!!!

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I love the dual pull brake levers, some say they are a risk, I say they are a must have. I really like how the bike is going so far :) You should try the gtr50r carburetor by dax, that carb has a triple jet system and automatic choke and it really SCREAMS :)