so heres the plan

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i beleive i have the basics covered as for the accessories ill work them out

a new grubbee skyhawk 66 cc 2010 model comes with cns carb.

pullstart kit

sbp jack shaft shift kit

expansion chamber muffler whichever is suited best to frame

better flowing intake and exaust hopefully homemade manifolds

as for engine

port match intake and exaust for better airflow (hopefully not neccasary with modified manifolds )

clean up transfer ports

true and balence crank

and possibly bore the piston skirt how

i know people have been borring the piston skirt on the intake side for a few years now but i havent been able to find out about motor longevity does this lower motor life

over all i beleive these are the things required for successful motor longevity and performance

no im not trying to break the sound barrier i simply want a more reliable engine with power if i need it (running from the policehttp://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/drn2.gif just joking lol =)or when i want it (to impress the ladieshttp )
http://motorbicycling.com/images/smilies/dnut.gif
then after all this work on a reliable lighting system the whole shabang turnsignals brake lights head lights you get the picture

oh and it will all be mounted on a 90s aluminum frame with v brake mounts

on the bike

double wall rims

good tires

excelent derailer

comfortable seat

rear rack and fenders

well theres more but u get the basic picture

now i know i could buy a used motorcycle or dirt bik for this but where would be the fun or pride in that

so what do you guys think

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
yeah i definetly plan on pictures i have a good quality camera with a few lenses so hopefull i wont have crappy foggy close ups

but as for now im waiting on finishing my job i should be done next week and paid so ill have some cash but this is mostly a winter project i want to take my tim on it but ill keep it up to date as for now the frame now has a rear wheel i got it for 10 bucks a double walled slightly out of true wheel good for starts but niot good for hight speeds

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Sounds like it will be a cool bike and a good runner. And you're right... you could spend the same money and buy a used dirt bike or motorcycle maybe, but you'd be buying somebody else's bike. Building it makes it your bike, your build. And you will understand it in ways you never would with something just bought. People who have never done it do not understand what joy it is to plan a build out, spend many many hours making and putting things together, waiting for the mail or UPS to bring a goody, like Christmas or your birthday, fabricating and seeing it come into being the thing you envisioned in the first place. And one fine day when the ice cycles are done melting and the snow pack is gone you wheel it outdoors... spring is in the air and the sun finally has some power in it. You look things over one last time, mount it and fire it up. Woohoo! And off you go listening to the expansion exhaust, getting a feel for the shift kit, feeling the power of the motor and realizing you have a grin on your face so big you must look slightly crazy. Ha! It just doesn't get better than that.
SB

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
sounds like it will be fun build, one thing that always sucks in my opinion, is being at a stand still waiting to build. Shipping always seems to take longer than it really does.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
sounds like it will be fun build, one thing that always sucks in my opinion, is being at a stand still waiting to build. Shipping always seems to take longer than it really does.
I have discovered the answer to that is to have at least two builds going at the same time, pssibly a third in the wings just in case you have to hurry up and wait. That way there is always something to work on. Even if the third one is a year away, you can always turn to it in a pinch and work on something or other.
Hmmm. I sound like an addict. i am an addict.
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I have discovered the answer to that is to have at least two builds going at the same time, pssibly a third in the wings just in case you have to hurry up and wait. That way there is always something to work on. Even if the third one is a year away, you can always turn to it in a pinch and work on something or other.
Hmmm. I sound like an addict. i am an addict.
SB

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
thanks for the reply guys

anyway i did a little online pricing and well to get everything i want its gonna cost me about 650 dollars including shipping that does not include the bike frame i already have and everything it takes to make a bike a bike and then of course all the hidden expenses so im thinking if i can get the whole build under 1000 dollars including a complete lighting system i will be happy

silver bear i will definetly look crazy with a huge grin on my face even now when i ride my single speed beat up bike i get a grin on my face

what really sucks about living in alaska is that its so d@mm expensive to get anything shipped up here that 650 has about 90 of it shipping so i hope i get everything i can at one time to cut the shipping cast

i have read the take a tip leave a tip the entire forty pages and takin a whole lot more than i left

oh yah as for working on another build i have a motorized bike already and i you guys know how much just maintaning one of those can be plus my dad has one two and im so glad he does so when mine is out of service i can still use his and i also have a old motorcycle that my neighbor gave me it has been sitting foe almost thirty years so plenty to do
but im stuck on motor bikes motorcycles are cool but i love motor bikes even more