Black Hole Sun

GoldenMotor.com

GTX

May 5, 2010
Prattville

This is my latest...
Z-1 Frame,26x2.5 disc hub wheels,Kenda Flame 26x3 tires.
I have a custom leather bobber pan seat coming,and a Grubee.
The front end is Mongoose Blackcomb parts I am playing with.
I would like to keep the rear disc brakes if I can get an adapter.A jackshaft is a lot of trouble for a single speed.
Jesse Rooke Customs | Designs
I'm loooking at Rooke bikes for inspiration...

GTX

May 5, 2010
Prattville
The fork works,but I need softer than the 750lb spring that the Mongoose used...checking the LBS for rejects...The top mount is left-over engine mounts from 2 stroke Grubees...they fit the forks perfect...off a Huffy Big Daddy..
Ideally,I wish I could find a air shock to be able to play with it some.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
My LBS laughed me out the door when I went looking for springs for those shocks. Best I found online were 350lb spring/shocks for about $14 per.

GTX

May 5, 2010
Prattville
Yea...my LBS said he could only get air/oil and the cheapest was $350...I could get the whole bike cheaper,which is why I have bike parts everywhere...lol
I tried on the triple tree that came in today...yawn...back on with the Super Fork...haha
There is a local Motorcycle show on Oct 3rd I'm going to bring what I have ready to...maybe there is a Moped class...

klb6154

Jun 20, 2010
pittsburgh pa
have you rode it yet i jus built a new bike and this one is a chopper with lots of rake i rode it for 3 days w no motor just to get used to it and i sugest you try the same they handle wierd but look realy cool check out klb6154s photobucket for the pics cant wait to see ur bike when it is done

GTX

May 5, 2010
Prattville
Hey Crazy Horse!

I have been busy on it and 2 other projects...I'm experimenting with several different fork setups.
Parts just came in for another one...Choppers US frame,leather bobber seat and Felt Abraham fork....I'm looking for 24" disc wheels for it to fit the Felt Thick Bricks I have.I have emailed Felt about getting the wheels on the Hot Wheels Sixty 8 bike...it had disc/disc/3 speed hub.
The other nearly done is "Purple Throbber"...a MTB frame bike with Mongoose disc wheels and triple tree fork.

...yes,I have A.D.D...and that work thing is all in my way...

GTX

May 5, 2010
Prattville
"Great White" Disc Brake Adapter

Added the AVID 5 disc brake caliper to the Promax 160mm rotor on the rear.It's just 3/16 plate and it fits the rotor with no washers to space it in/out...Took a photo before paint since it will dissappear when black.