Neons!!!

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
People have run Norm's http://motorbicycling.com/f23/lights-run-off-white-wire-no-7306.html quite successfully, I have one on my Schwinn (his LED taillight option too) & it's great! Thing is the magneto on these bikes has as random a quality control as the rest of the engine does lol All I had to do with the Schwinn tho was reduce the spark plug gap a hair, but it's a good idea to have an off switch for the light as idling/cold start might be affected.

Another option is the Sturmey Archer Dyno Hub X-FDD which supplies 6v, 3w. which I've one an old vintage bike with a huge dual-bulb headlight and taillight which sounds a bit like what you've got in mind.

Ofc it only works if I'm moving ;)

Last edited:

jrol22

Mar 19, 2010
IL
Thanks alot!

Like I said, I have a bullet light (halogen) from an old Schwinn colegiate that I used to own.
I think imma work on that light this Monday (TGIAH) lol.

Thanks again, but where would the ground be?

Its sad really, I install light after lights on my jeep...but I cant figure out the MB....lol....

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
When I wired the Schwinn I used the engine ground wire to one of the old water bottle mounts as a "chassis ground" so the lights just use the bike's frame as the negative, which reduces the number of wires and/or their length. Odds are your engine is already frame-grounded just by it's contact (mounts).