Project "Icognito" Update

GoldenMotor.com

PaulBater

Dec 7, 2009
Rochester, Ny
Well I've got a new tank I designed that is being welded by a friend soon, that will fit inside the sheet metal skins and will hold a third of a gallon. I also added a 1foot long peice of electrical wire conduit to the exhaust tip to cut noise down. It works great and doesn't effect the fuel mixture or performance at all. AND finally, for those that thought there would be thermal issues with the side skins covering the motor...the bike runs cool on an 80 degree day after riding full throttle for more than a half hour. It seems the skins are working as a heat sink while also letting air still go by the head...So far I'm very happy and the bike is about 25% as loud as it was when it was stock.

Attachments

Last edited:

PaulBater

Dec 7, 2009
Rochester, Ny
The skirts are .063" aluminum(5052-H32). I made a 1.75" bend inward on the top and bottom of skirts. When the tank is done it'll fit in between the skirts and everything will be nicely jammed inside my engine compartment. Yet I've kept adequate air flow in the setup.

Hello Professor...It's been a while...been focusing on new baby arrival for past months...now he's here...Paul Kenneth Bater was born on 4/1/10. My first one and I'm 40. Life is good after 40...